[R6] Tool hold animation not replicating to all clients

1. What do you want to achieve?
    Im trying to have the hold animation replicate to all clients

2. What is the issue?
    The animation works fine for me but when other players are looking it animates the arm holding the tool but it doesnt animate the tool with it causing the tool to be stuck in the arm.
    Heres how it looks for me

Heres how it looks for other players

In the 2nd video you can see it bugs out but it fixes itself once the impact animation is played on that player.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    Ive tried playing the animation from the server and I get the same result also.

Heres my code

local loadedAnims = {}
local function loadAnimations()
	local character = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
	local animator = character.Humanoid:WaitForChild("Animator")
	for i,v in pairs(script:GetChildren()) do
		loadedAnims[v.Name] = animator:LoadAnimation(v)
	end
end

loadAnimations()

tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	loadedAnims["hold"]:Play()
	toolFunctions.ConnectM6D(player,script.Parent.Model.root) --Connects m6d on client
	script.Parent:WaitForChild("connectM6D"):FireServer(script.Parent.Model.root) --Connects m6d on server
end)

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

2 Likes

Really need help on this :cry:

Bumping this, we need help on this (It’s Urgent).

I think the issue may be that the Motor6Ds are being connected after the animation is played. Did you try connecting the Motor6Ds before playing the “hold” animation?

tool.Equipped:Connect(function()

toolFunctions.ConnectM6D(player,script.Parent.Model.root) --Connects m6d on client
   script.Parent:WaitForChild("connectM6D"):FireServer(script.Parent.Model.root) --Connects m6d on server

loadedAnims["hold"]:Play()--new function placement
end)

Ive tried doing that too. Still same result. The tool spawns inside the arm but after a little bump from another player the animation fixes itself up.

1 Like

Sorry forgot to mention. Its R6

I see in the original post that you tried playing the animation on the server side. Did you also try playing the animation on the server-side script after connecting the Motor6Ds?

I can definitely add on to this thread; I have made a separate thread as well regarding the same issue, and it seems to be a roblox-wide thing. If we can bump this to the roblox developers as a bug report, I hope they will take a look at this.

For a brief summary, I load my animations in thru the localscript and have them loaded onto the animator, which is referenced via :WaitForChild in the localscript.

Here is the whole thread.

Fixed it! Before I was creating the Motor6D in a script which was causing the issue. Try creating the M6D beforehand and in the script where you connect the M6D instead of creating a new one, just set the Part0 and Part1 of the M6D.

This is how it looks just sitting in the StarterPack:

Also you can see that I just left the part0 and part1 blank or set to NIL:

7 Likes

That’s a good workaround, but for my case it’ll be difficult. Though, I’m glad you found a solution!

1 Like

Works for me except, it still happens at first equip, the 2nd time they equip it and the rest works though

Make sure the animation is being played by a LocalScript if it isn’t already

1 Like

It is played at local script, it actually works the fine and fixed the issue but the only problem is that the first time the character equips the tool, it doesn’t work but the 2nd time it works and it will work all the time after that, although its still quite an issue to have to reequip the tool to fix it, either way this issue has been going on for a while now so I’ll just have to force reequip the tools from players.

1 Like

This has been a persistent bug. As an avid user of animations in my assets, they do not function aesthetically and many people are finding this bug annoying.

I use the Animator object with the :LoadAnimation() function. Here is a post that I have made regarding the same subject.
Animations not loading in correctly - Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

I’m going to try this with @cooldeath49’s tech and hopefully, it’s a permanent solution.

1 Like

From what i saw in your game it woked pretty well! Not perfectly but it fixes the issue for most of the time.

1 Like

I tested it on private servers and there are no issues. I’m just not bothered to shut down all the public servers to publish the updated fix, lol.

1 Like