Randomly disconnecting from games because "Same account launched from different device"

Not accurate.
I know it could be 2 devices running a different game , but that’s when your account is connected and somebody is running games. In that case just sign out from all different devices.
But if you know that no other device is connected to your Roblox account , Roblox does recognize the one device that already connected to Roblox servers, When your IP change your address is changed , And Roblox takes time to process the information , so if your game crashed because of connection time out , wait couple of seconds until Roblox’s engine realize that you disconnected and connection again with a different “device”(IP).

Not possible, I am playing a game called anime battle arena…

1 Like

crashing isn’t the issue .-.
here: Users Being Disconnected From Game - "Error Code: 273" - #59 by 0xabcdef1234
roblox staff recognises this error to be a result of thinking that you are still connected to its server while opening a new game

yes because when your game crashes it does not tell the server that the game closed so that’s why you are still connected

no you just have garbage wifi, thats an unrelated error

1 Like

just happened again, roblox: please fix this error.

1 Like

same for me, happened since yesterday

It is that you crashed or you left the game quickly and started another game.
very simple.

Just now started happening to me after getting a new computer, game crashes, I rejoin, and there is that scary message, and of course I have a 2FA account with a verified email. And this specifically started happening on my new computer, never happened on my old one.

(And by crash I mean straight up crash, crash message “Roblox crashed!” included)

Hello! Can you please specify under what conditions you receive the disconnect, and what the error code is? Thanks!

4 Likes

Error code 273, it just seems to happen randomly but my friend who’s recently been getting hacked has gotten it a lot. I would sometimes get it aswell under normal conditions. Pretty odd, my friend sometimes playing on mobile may be related

Hello, I just launched my game and almost everyone is experiencing this issue. It is so annoying since it would result in the players disliking my game thinking it’s broken and leaving affecting my concurrent playercount. This would happen constantly so I would need a resolution or Roblox’s staff to fix this issue.

About my game: My game is a Squid Game. When you join our game, it’s our lobby where you will queue to get into the actual game where all the game modes are in so it’s a different place under the game. We’re using TeleportService so this might also be why but this should be fixed

Link to my game: Squid Game - Roblox

1 Like

just happened again today, what is going on at roblox? it’s probably because there is a huge storm heading toward my direction.

also, sorry if this is a necropost

maybe the ‘network’ thing is true, @NotRobloxMonch had network problems and he disconnected

see the quoted message in the post to get an idea

i will check it with my slow network and teleporting games later

can you send a picture of the error, if you took it

because I’m feeling that it was a network disconnection, not a “same account joined same game in different device” error, since storms can disrupt network

ok, yeah. it’s because there is a huge typhoon heading toward my location. the ui looks horrible

It just happened to me also. I freaked out for a second.

This bug is happenning very frequently for me on the roblox app for iOS when the player is teleported to another place of the same universe.
From my testings, it looks like it happens when the teleport is completed very fast, so it looks like roblox thinks I am still in the place from which the teleport was initiated. This really needs to be looked into, it prevents me from playing and testing on phone…

It keeps happening to me Randomly While Im In game and i keep thinking i got hacked, but When i go back to ROBLOX.com im still logged in, and my password is still normal. idk how

1 Like

Got a hearth attack thinking my account had been compromised. This occurred to be during place teleporting

3 Likes

Yeah, I can relate to this problem. I am still getting the same message (Disconnected because someone launched from a different device). It all just started happening about a month ago, and now everytime I play, I get the same thing about 3-5 times a day. A thing I noticed when it first started:

• Possibly related to my new wifi, it didn’t start happening when I used my old wifi

Plus, I do not have 2FA on. Is this a bug with Roblox’s servers?

2 Likes