[DEPRECATED] Ray-Traced Global Illumination Plugin | Make your lighting look Incredible!

Please understand that this plugin is deprecated and a new and improved version is on the way. Wait until it comes out!

Global Illumination Plugin: Beta 1.1

About it

I have recently began working on a Global Illumination Plugin with the help of @anon53193547. We’ve developed a cool system which can accurately simulate Global Illumination.

Showcase

Example 1

Before:

After:

Example 2

Before:

After:

Red:

Green:

Example 3

Before:

After:

Colored Lights:

Example 4

Before:

After:

Example 5

Before:

After:

Example 6

Before:

After:

Note: None of these examples were cherry picked or edited. This was the pure output of the plugin!

Use Cases

The best use case for this plugin are:

1. To get accurate lighting for your indoor builds

2. If you want to get that “Rendered” look as shown here:

3. If you want to overall improve the visual quality of your Game/Showcase!

How to Use

This plugin can be a bit confusing to use so I’ll go over on how to use it.

Light Emitters:
The are the main object the plugin uses to calculate light bounces. Making this plugin using a separate object allows for full customization. When baking the lighting the plugin will look at every Light Emitters and depending on the position and orientation of each Emitter, light rays will emitted and bounce around the scene until they hit the max bounce limit (which is 2).

Interface:

Bake Lighting: Will bake the lighting and render the final result (Will make all Light Emitters Invisible)

Add GI Emitters to All Lights: Currently disabled at the moment

Add GI Emitters to Selected: Will add 1 Light Emitter on all 6 faces of a object that is selected and rotate them to face all directions

Add GI Emitter: Will insert a Light Emitter (This is used for manually editing GI. This is recommended over using "Add GI Emitters to Selected")

Undo Global Illumination: Reverts "Bake Lighting" and allows you to edit the Light Emitters again

Delete All Emitters: Destroys every Light Emitter (Use with caution)

Settings:
Intensity: The brightness of the GI when Baked

Light Based Tinting: This allows for colored Global Illumination. By default the plugin assumes you have no colored lights and only goes off the colors of the objects in the scene.

Here's a Comparison between Light Based Tinting on and off:

Off:

On:

Red:

Although this option can be useful it will DESTROY performance due to the extra calculations and double the amount of lights. To enable this you have to set the "Tinted" Value inside of a Light Emitter to true then set the "tint" value to your desired color (These steps are automatically applied when using "Add GI Emitters to Selected").

Installation

Step 1. Get the plugin here:

Step 2. Your done!

Conclusion

This plugin is in Beta, so if there are any issues or bugs please reply in the comments.

Hopefully you guys find this plugin useful! And if you have any examples of this plugin making your lighting look good, I encourage you to share!

:smiley:

187 Likes

Yes it is out ima use it rn! Thank you for publishing!

6 Likes

@octav20071
Said you wanted a ping, here it is. Enjoy!

7 Likes

WOOOO I CAN’T WAIT TO CREATE BETTER NEXT GENERATION LIGHTING, This is gonna be big.

5 Likes

Sick plugin! :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Oooh I cant wait to see other examples you make. Your a good builder!

7 Likes

Are you planning on adding more light bounces? :smiley:

When are you guys planning on adding this? :eyes:

5 Likes

I see you everywhere Haha.

Show us more!

4 Likes

We may make it a value you can set in the future. Unsure though.

2 Likes

This will be very useful. I wonder if Roblox could optimize this then build it into the platform :thinking:.

6 Likes

This plugin certainly illuminated my day:

Before:

After:

14 Likes

Finally the neon is fixed! I have ALWAYS hated the neon, something about it didn’t look right.

Glad someone else agrees :+1:

3 Likes

You should make one that is premium, comes with more effects and then sell it for Robux, I’ll definitely buy it!

5 Likes

Looks Good!!Also i think it can be modified to be realtime by checking every time a part that use realtime GL travelled far enough from it original position.Then it recalculate the GL

3 Likes

Hey! Just woke up and saw this plugin, I didn’t test it yet but it looks amazing. If I’m not wrong there isn’t any github repository for this plugin, would you mind making one? It would be amazing to help this plugin to remain as clean as possible.

2 Likes

:grimacing:

15 Likes

Wow, this is really good! This is really amazing.

3 Likes

noice you took peoples word for it im defiantly gonna use it :100:

3 Likes

Yeah im planning to make one! But before I do that I want to clean up the code because ts a giant mess right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The issue is it would make the game unplayable due to always recalculating. And this Plugin uses Point Lights which would make it even worse. You would probably achieve a max of 5 fps with only 3 emitters.

1 Like