RDC 2021 Speaker Applications

Hey developers, long time no see :slight_smile:

This year’s virtual Roblox Developer Conference (RDC) ended up being one of our biggest, most global events to date! Since the moment we wrapped up the final talk, we’ve been dreaming about RDC 2021~

The title kinda gave it away, but…

We are excited to announce that we are now accepting speaker applications for RDC 2021! We’re looking for scripters, builders, artists, or anyone willing to teach us about a fascinating Roblox development topic to present at next year’s RDC!

Interested in applying? Before you do, make sure your topic is both Roblox-related and informative. You will be presenting to an audience of hundreds of developers and you should be discussing something that you would consider yourself to be an expert in :nerd_face:

This is your chance to share your knowledge with your fellow developers!

List of perks that come with being an RDC Speaker:

• The opportunity to speak in front of hundreds of fellow developers
  • Coaching and mentoring from Roblox employees
  • Level up your wardrobe with an exclusive RDC 2021 Speaker t-shirt!

Here’s what you need to think about before you apply:

• Title of your presentation
  • Description of your presentation
  • What you hope attendees will gain from your presentation

Apply to be a speaker here: https://survey.roblox.com/s3/RDC-2021-Speaker-Application

The deadline for applying is Tuesday, January 12th, 2021.

Please note: If you are under 18, we will need a guardian’s approval.

We’re looking forward to seeing your presentations!

Thank you,

Developer Relations

169 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 14 minutes.

This sounds like a great opportunity, especially with the coaching from Roblox themselves. Good luck to anyone applying! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

One question, are group presentations allowed, or will the attendee have to present solo? Secondly, how long should presentations be?

EDIT: Nevermind, @rogchamp pointed out that it is indeed in the survey itself.

13 Likes

Awesome! I may think about applying for this. When do actual applications for the event come out?

13 Likes

In case staff doesn’t end up replying right away, answers to both of these are on the application itself.

are you presenting in a group?
20-40 minutes

19 Likes

Hey, thanks for sharing the screenshots!

14 Likes

Just applied for it, best of luck for everyone who is applying!

9 Likes

Will RDC 2021 be virtual or irl?

7 Likes

I’d imagine virtual, still too much of a risk meeting up in person

17 Likes

I doubt by July/August COVID will still be this big, as COVID vaccines are heading out to the US by next week.

8 Likes

applied! I hope it will be virtual because of the Covid, but its good if it’s in person

6 Likes

@chewbeccca, if this is all in-person, will staff members accommodate those who are physically disabled such as being already on stage rather than going up the stairs?

7 Likes

Hi!

More info on how RDC 2021 will likely be done next year. However, it won’t impact you to apply and if you are accepted. I hope you apply!

18 Likes

I might consider applying, I gotta update my portfolio though lol.

5 Likes

Hey, I have a question. Does it matter if we are in a whole different country? Do we need to travel to the RDC event? Or will it be virtual?

6 Likes
5 Likes

Applied, hopefully I can help re-introduce LiveOps to developers by giving you guys a real story of how it was needed, what we did to make our own tools, and how you can do it yourself as well. It will definitely help you scale your games stability for the front page.

9 Likes

I hope RDC is ready for…
“VR scripting for dummies”, by GregTame :sunglasses:

33 Likes

Is there an application process and deadline or will this information slowly be decided through spring? It would be good to know when we should check our emails and start preparing slide decks.

4 Likes

Will RDC 2021 be very similar to this year if the virus is still around? And if so, will it be going live?

9 Likes