RDC24: What We Announced

I’m assuming this new profit splitting only applies to games that charge hard currency for access, and not Robux?

I imagine charging 400 Robux for access might psychologically play better than charging $4.99. Is there going to be help for developers who take the leap of charging currency to help break this notion? Maybe the ability to do limited time discounts/sales? Promo/discount codes?

Is the 3d model generator based on published models by the community?

A lot of cool and useful features, love them.

Only thing I wish for is more flexibility with skyboxes, like the ability to rotate it and add a custom night skybox.

Oh, and increased part render distance!!

4 Likes

The announcement looks good. But please add a way to keep the old user interface. I really like it.
This could be a challenge, but I’ve been using the “old” UI for over 4 years now, and it works just fine for me. It works, the buttons are small and compact and aren’t distracting.

So please, for me and anyone else who face the same opinions, please add a way to keep the old UI.
Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Not a fan of the toolbox & asset manager getting merged together. Toolbox is very useful and shouldn’t be removed

4 Likes

Roblox update is getting worse as possible :frowning:

1 Like

Im honestly surprised Roblox are adding Forums to Roblox Communities now, but im also sad for the miss potential for adding more Guilded Integrations (like Forums and Calendar channels from Guilded, being linked with Roblox Communities Events and Forums).

Will we still have the option to price our games for robux? I still want to sell my game for robux as USD seems like a less attractive option to players. Are you completely gutting our ability to sell games for robux or is this just a second option?

Would love some clarification on this. Thanks

11 Likes

Open Cloud Engine API for executing Luau, imo, is a solid feature.

2 Likes

how so? these are good updates

1 Like

Really, really excited about the automatic occlusion culling… but does that also mean we’ll get a built-in manual occlusion culling? One of my biggest gripes with StreamingEnabled is that developers have no way to fine-tune it and so its behavior can be very unpredictable. I worry that occlusion culling may suffer from similar problems. Though I certainly don’t think it will be as game-breaking as StreamingEnabled sometimes tends to be.

2 Likes

Is automatic occlusion culling only for BaseParts and Meshes or will the tech be extended to terrain?

4 Likes

sorry but i seriously dont think anyone will be spending 50 dollars on a roblox game. as much as i support paid games with real money, 50 dollars is an absurd amount considering the amount of time roblox spent advertising their ‘completely free platform’

1 Like

pretty sure the only reason they arent partnering with discord is because they dont want to work with their ‘rival’. as they own guilded which is basically discord but different (it has its pros and cons),

also from looking at their concept pictures at the rdc live, it looks like it might have some link to guilded with reactions and forum posts etc.

again i could be completely wrong but it seems like this could be another way to convert users to guilded.

2 Likes

As much as I love APM’s library (and also its ease of searching through their website), I think DistroKid and Monstercat will definitely bring a lot more possibilities to the table.

2 Likes

It’s really cool to see bring back the “Party” thing,i used it many times on my chillhood…Yeah,good old memories :).Isn’t an Off-Platform advertising thing kinda dangerous?I feel like that way.

1 Like

When will we ever have anything dedicated to the rootmotion thing that hasn’t been updated in like forever? I can’t make my games feel like a resident evil game without the movement :frowning:

1 Like

I’m quite glad to hear about the memory increase and the plans to improve data stores!

I’ve noticed in the section on Custom Matchmaking that you mention competitive games. Is there any chance that in the future developers will be able to use an official API to get a server’s region, or a player’s ping to a server that they’re not currently in?
Both of these would benefit competitive games a lot as these types of games usually get significantly worse in servers where the player gets 100+ms ping.

3 Likes

Super excited for data store explorer, it’s literally all I’ve ever wanted in life. But 50 bucks for a roblox game is crazy

6 Likes

Finger crossed for a good Studio UI

2 Likes