Regularly when teleporting, players are told the place is "restricted" when it is not

My player base has been experiencing this more and more over the past few days. Not to sound rude, but why is this not fixed?

This really impacts my game and turns people off because teleportservice sometimes won’t teleport. (Due to the errors above.)

This also impacts hundreds of other games (Heres a few: Zombie Strike, Tower Defence Simulator, Tower Battles and Tower Heroes), why has this been going on for so long (a month or longer) without a fix?

2 Likes

Apologies for the delayed response. We’re aware of the issue and we’re working on a fix…Unfortunately I don’t have an exact timeline for you all but we are treating this issue with the highest priority.

14 Likes

Thank you so much, hopefully this can get fixed soon! One other error I dont think was reported is “Teleport Failed” no reason behind it just that.

We shipped a few fixes last night that should address this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Let me know if these issues are still continuing.

32 Likes

This is still happening today (May 30th) so I dont think its fixed. Same errors as before.

I have a hunch that this is related to the recent patch: I just recently discovered that the documented return values for GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync() are incorrect. It specifies that the return format should be:

1. Boolean (if player is in the current server)
  2. Integer (place ID)
  3. String (server job ID)

But the return format that actually is returned is:

1. Boolean (correct value for if the player is in the current server)
  2. Empty string
  3. Integer (correct place ID)
  4. String (correct server job ID)

EDIT: Here is a screenshot showing a live example of the above:

4 Likes
4 Likes

It seems this is still not fixed as I am getting errors from 1 hour ago. However it seems to be much less frequent. It still happens though.

2 Likes

This issue is still not fixed as I am still getting reports of teleporting failures. (Same errors.)

1 Like

My game also has this issue, except the rate of it occurring is 100%. It’s never succeeded in teleporting the player. It always bring up that the teleport destination is restricted.

apologies for the delayed response. can you provide your game/universe id? we can look into this further

The universe id is 1750679814. Thank you and best of luck of solving this.

1 Like

hey @B1GEY3DPYTH0N - we’re seeing that 1750679814 is associated with an image asset, not a place or universe. can you provide a link to the game that’s having issues instead?

That is weird, but sure. BRICKBATTLE PWNAGE: Resurgence - Roblox

This is the menu part of the game, that you use to teleport the other game. And the teleport functionality is where the problem shows up.

1 Like

got it - i’ve been testing your game several times, and i have been able to get to the level where i can see and fight some other players. do you know if are there certain parameters that i can set to reproduce the issue?

it appears that i can only join Combat Initiate, and that seems to work consistently at least

That isn’t where the problem comes in. It comes from the Join Username GUI at the bottom of the screen. You put in their name, and get teleported to the server they are in. However, whenever someone tries joining someone with it, the currentInstance boolean for GetPlayerPlaceInstance returns false, when the player is checked and guaranteed to be playing. Lets say, instead of checking if the currentInstance bool is true (meaning that the player was found in the game) we ignore it. Meaning we instead just wrap the TeleportToPlaceInstance in a pcall. Well, if we do this then we get the message on screen “Teleport destination is restricted” or something along those lines. I find it really weird though because the place id IS returned with GetPlayerPlaceInstance, but somehow, the currentInstance boolean returns false. It really doesn’t make sense. So it detects the players placeid, but returns currentInstance as false, and even if you ignore checking that bool, it still shows on the screen that the teleport destination is restricted.

1 Like

you’re completely right - this function has been returning the wrong params for a long time so we’re going to see if we should just update the documentation or if we should fix the function.

i’ll update this thread with any news

1 Like

i think what was confusing before is that the first post in this thread is about TeleportToPrivateServer, but the one mentioned right above is TeleportToPlaceInstance, which relies on GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync. the TeleportToPrivateServer problems should be resolved, and my reply above is about GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync, which indeed has a problem (the dev documentation is incorrect, in both the example and general description)

hey @OutlookG - which teleport are you using? and what are some of the games that you’re experiencing the issues in?

I have not heard of the issue for a month or two so I believe it is fixed!

1 Like