Release Notes for 637

I’m really loving all the attention UI has been getting in Roblox recently. It’s making my job so much easier!

…and it’ll be 84 more :sob:

19 Likes

Updates have been so good lately, that it makes me wonder how close we are to getting support for mouse side buttons.

5 Likes

i’m not sure if I fully understand, does that mean the error that occurred before was because people were trying to tag CollectionService? that’s a really weird case, i never thought of doing that before

3 Likes

Before when this bug was happening, i just copy and paste some text in studio then the clipboard fixes itself.

3 Likes

Thank god. This genuinely was the first time I have ever seen Copy+Paste break before. My first experience with that bug, in all my years.

Lots of really great improvements here, 637 is very nice, keep it up.

5 Likes

I think I’m dreaming. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Is Roblox planning to deprecate or remove compatibility lighting?

5 Likes

Ohhh so THATS what it was. I always wondered why my copy paste would sometimes just stop working.

3 Likes

Looking at how they added ColorGradingEffect, I assume it’s about time for Technology.Compatibility to go.
Shouldn’t be lingering too much for the sake of supporting like literally iPhone 4’s though tbh. I figured it out already that literally mobile compatibility literally limits lots of possibilities when it comes to visuals.

also i hope that frame descendants clipping is what i think it is.

8 Likes

wait… this is whats been causing it, the entire time? are you kidding me

6 Likes

how can an app even do this? seems like a big problem with windows itself

5 Likes

any insight on how FromValue is arrived at?

only wondering bc use a binary search on a cached Enum.wxyz:GetEnumItems() since the return value is sorted in order of the enum values. id love to ditch what im currently doing if Enum.wxyz:FromValue() has the same lookup cost

5 Likes

Yeah, the fix was to copy something in roblox chat for a while, glad its fixed.

5 Likes

It sounds like it’s the same, but it will mean that if you want to find the parts that are just outside a part you can use the tolerance with getPartsInPart instead of getPartsInBox with the size increased by the tolerance.

4 Likes

After so many years… of painful workarounds to get rotated elements to clip… finally… we have it…

Just one question, I remember seeing many engineers talking about this issue as something that may not get fixed so soon, how did u guys do it lol?

7 Likes

I’m so so so glad you guys realized the importance of fixing this issue, while canvas groups do have their uses, having to use them to just get around the clipping problem was definitely overkill nvm :(

Pretty happy for this one as well

4 Likes

Hi developers, just to clarify for this release note, this change is to fix an issue that rotated bounds are not used to determine whether a descendant will be clipped. (i.e. CanvasGroup clipping doesn't account for rotated shape of frames) that applies to both CanvasGroup and other GuiObjects such as frames/scrolling frames. We have not yet worked on adding clipping for rotated cases for other objects other than canvas groups, but we would note down that this is a popular feature developers want moving forward. Thanks.

21 Likes

This is so disappointing ahh :sweat: - thanks for the clarification anyways!

9 Likes

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is then😔

7 Likes

This is huge, as the AudioListeners weren’t working for me sometimes and it was really confused great to see it fixed!

6 Likes