Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

Once Developers are able to integrate Spatial Voice Chat into their experiences, will the owner/editors of an experience be required to verify their identify in order to test Voice Chat in Roblox Studio?

If so, does this mean that Developers who do not verify their identity are limited to enabling/disabling the feature and modifying its functionality without being able to test it themselves to determine if it’s been configured correctly for their experiences?

Honestly really excited for the Spatial Voice, was something that was a long time coming and is a nifty feature to add.

Honestly curious how moderation aspects play into this, but it’s something I can’t wait to get access to.

1 Like

Not true, I was invited into the program and I am not eligible for DevEx nor have done it ever.

Honestly? they should just remove the chat filter if you’re 13+ and verified IMO

1 Like

Its a good improvement to the Roblox website it has some upsides and down sides ill explain them below.
Good things:
It improves communication with players to make the experience better.
It also makes it a lot easier to role play with others like not having to stop when you are going to type.
The Bad things
I’ve spent a lot of time with other people with voice chat, there is a lot of swearing however i think this is okay for 13+ as most games with swearing and with applications like discord i dont think this is a big deal.

At the end of the day i think roblox voice chat is a good idea and it should stay for 13+

Thanks! Sav.

2 Likes

yep same, i want my voice chat access back idk why its gone

I cant wait to try this once I get access like all my friends LOL

Please let me be a tester I am a developer with 3.7 million visits!
I also did not get any crown of Os even though I got more than 1M MAU
I think Roblox hates me.

3 Likes

Don’t worry I’m 1M Mau too just wait to make sure it public or if roblox want to add 5000 more developer as a tester so yea just wait for it. The important thing are Roblox not hates you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Are roblox really ready about bad language in other languages?
Better to make it ai detect try hire any translators to make sure no bad language for each language use for spatial voice. I already asking this before but I totally want to make sure roblox care about this because roblox are the most popular game in the world that’s why I’m asking and keep repeat about this thing.

Weird, I guess they’re starting to allow more people in then.

This is amazing yet scary, but what are some pro and cons?

We’ve made these social features available for you to use in your own experiences – learn more about developer modules here!

Each of these are designed to work out of the box, so the moment you press play it will just work. If you’d like, you’ll also be able to completely customize and change the functionally as you wish.

4 Likes

cant wait to be called a no-micer

(Update 3/12/21 : got called a no micer

2 Likes

I have the same issue :/. Just verified my age today and still nothing

1 Like

You can activate in it the game settings under options and than spatial voice there you can tick it :smiley:

Yea ik, found it out some weeks ago, thank you still

1 Like

Recently this experience was updated to a holiday version.

It sucks. I am unable to use voice chat because of it.
The map is way too laggy, more specifically, these models:

Seem to be bringing down my framerate from 80 to 12.

This experience is the only place I can use voice chat with a lot of people, and I can’t even do that now because my computer just says no.

Please look into the game’s performance!!!

Another thing, please add a way of resetting.
I was able to kill myself by jumping off the world, after doing some glitches, but after that, chat doesn’t work anymore, and it becomes just weird.

So if you guys can make that compatible and have finally a reset button, I would love it! I don’t wanna rejoin sometimes because I would lose a good server, (aka an english speaking server instead of the xenophobic automatic choice of spanish servers because I’m brazilian… I don’t know spanish!!!)

1 Like

Why it’s still in Holiday Edition? We are almost in February!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.