Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

Same as me too. Me and my brother are struggling to play Roblox when this kind of stuff happens. It made me unable to Playtest on the Client itself or Play Roblox for too long and its very annoying.

4 Likes

Hello, Im slightly confused on how to do this. Just to confirm we are experiencing two different crashes.

(1) After 2 Hours the server receives the lost connection network code. Everyone will then have to rejoin the game afterwards.

(2) We receive the Roblox Crash Window.

Hello David,

You mentioned two different crashes. The first issue, however, sounds more like a disconnect rather than a crash. Log files should provide some information about why the disconnect occurred.

Regarding the second case, it appears to be a legitimate crash. This means that a crash dump should have been written to the file system. Crash dumps typically have the extension .dmp and can be found in the same directory as the log file.

Here is the file!

2 Likes

Someone else in this thread sent theirs to Bitdancer privately FYI, unsure if you should do the same

1 Like

hello bitdancer

i’ve been having crash problems since may 6th and i’ve tried several solutions online but none of them worked like disk cleanup, reinstalling roblox, running roblox as admin which for some reason installs another roblox and gives a different error message, delete roblox temp folder etc.

the error message i mostly get after 1 imnute
Screenshot_1593

and the error mensage that occurs after i run roblox as adminstrator
Screenshot_1590

crash dump

1 Like

Hello David,

By any chance, were you running IDA while executing the Roblox Player?

Hello NicolasVD3,

The crash dump indicates that you are experiencing a multithreading issue that has been affecting us for some time. A fix was supposed to be released last week, but unfortunately, it was delayed due to unrelated issues. However, the fix is scheduled to be released today.

2 Likes

Hello Bitdancer,

We aren’t sure of what IDA is in this case, we may have ROBLOX studio open at times which causes crashing problems.

Mainly, in this case, our server loses connection after 2 hours and this has been going on for 5+ Months. I've attempted to email developer relations but I have not received any response.

1 Like

After an update minutes ago, I am now unable to join any games from the website. Launcher starts and then immediately crashes at this:
If I try launching games from the launcher itself, in-game assets do not load in properly.
P.S. There are no error messages displayed upon crash.

8 Likes

umm… bitdancer

it updated but didnt fix my problem, idk what is this. i have to send another crash dump?

2 Likes

I have this issue too sort of

Are you joining particular servers? If so, that would be why because I clicked play instead of the server and it has loaded in as expected.

3 Likes

I am also having an issue like this, Roblox just updated and now the launcher shows “Starting Roblox…” for a few seconds before vanishing and nothing pops up.

Turns out Roblox just runs in the background pulling max CPU from one of my threads with nothing happening when left alone, the log file is almost completely empty too.

3 Likes

Same here, only random servers work, selecting servers such as VIP servers or just regular servers in the servers tab crashes at “Starting Roblox”

3 Likes

Having an issue not quite exactly like this, but related.

Roblox starts, opens game, the game is just a blank white screen, a random beep with a morse code-like sound goes off, and the game just stays white with all the in-game sounds loading and playing

So I was playing a game on the Roblox Windows 10 App (The player, not the beta). And suddenly my game froze for a few seconds. After that the screen flashed, and made a small “beep” sound. IDK why this happens.

1 Like

My players are reporting being unable to join our game and other games as well today.

A large amount of our players report crashing as soon as their Roblox player shows the loading box, and for those who do get in-game their assets don’t load correctly or load with degraded quality.

Appears to have started occurring after the Roblox update this morning.

For players who do get in-game, here is an example of the low quality clothes textures they’re experiencing:

5 Likes

Any updates on this? I have a couple players who are still experiencing this issue.

They’ve tried:

• Deleting temporary files
  • Fully uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox (manually and through the uninstaller)
  • Launching the Roblox App with Admin Permissions
  • Launching Roblox with Compatibility Mode
  • Updating to the latest versions of Windows
  • Restarting their computer

Each time they crash they receive the “Roblox has encountered an unexpected errors and needs to quit” message or it simply crashes without warning.

Edit: not sure if this is related, but I can’t even launch Roblox when attempting to join specific servers.

3 Likes

For those who were experiencing this, here is the actual problem:
You can only join games from the Play button, you cannot join them through the Servers tab. Roblox should have this fixed soon. Reinstalling Roblox will not fix the problem.

5 Likes

Got a new “Upgrading Roblox…” popup and everything is solved for me.

1 Like

I can now open games, however for some unknown reason my Voice Chat enables and doesn’t allow me to disable it. You have to change your input setting and it’ll go back to normal, but it happens no matter what input setting I have on.

1 Like