Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

umm… bitdancer

it updated but didnt fix my problem, idk what is this. i have to send another crash dump?

2 Likes

I have this issue too sort of

Are you joining particular servers? If so, that would be why because I clicked play instead of the server and it has loaded in as expected.

3 Likes

I am also having an issue like this, Roblox just updated and now the launcher shows “Starting Roblox…” for a few seconds before vanishing and nothing pops up.

Turns out Roblox just runs in the background pulling max CPU from one of my threads with nothing happening when left alone, the log file is almost completely empty too.

3 Likes

Same here, only random servers work, selecting servers such as VIP servers or just regular servers in the servers tab crashes at “Starting Roblox”

3 Likes

Having an issue not quite exactly like this, but related.

Roblox starts, opens game, the game is just a blank white screen, a random beep with a morse code-like sound goes off, and the game just stays white with all the in-game sounds loading and playing

So I was playing a game on the Roblox Windows 10 App (The player, not the beta). And suddenly my game froze for a few seconds. After that the screen flashed, and made a small “beep” sound. IDK why this happens.

1 Like

My players are reporting being unable to join our game and other games as well today.

A large amount of our players report crashing as soon as their Roblox player shows the loading box, and for those who do get in-game their assets don’t load correctly or load with degraded quality.

Appears to have started occurring after the Roblox update this morning.

For players who do get in-game, here is an example of the low quality clothes textures they’re experiencing:

5 Likes

Any updates on this? I have a couple players who are still experiencing this issue.

They’ve tried:

• Deleting temporary files
  • Fully uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox (manually and through the uninstaller)
  • Launching the Roblox App with Admin Permissions
  • Launching Roblox with Compatibility Mode
  • Updating to the latest versions of Windows
  • Restarting their computer

Each time they crash they receive the “Roblox has encountered an unexpected errors and needs to quit” message or it simply crashes without warning.

Edit: not sure if this is related, but I can’t even launch Roblox when attempting to join specific servers.

3 Likes

For those who were experiencing this, here is the actual problem:
You can only join games from the Play button, you cannot join them through the Servers tab. Roblox should have this fixed soon. Reinstalling Roblox will not fix the problem.

5 Likes

Got a new “Upgrading Roblox…” popup and everything is solved for me.

1 Like

I can now open games, however for some unknown reason my Voice Chat enables and doesn’t allow me to disable it. You have to change your input setting and it’ll go back to normal, but it happens no matter what input setting I have on.

1 Like

Since the last Update , the crash is more frequent than before
Dump Files

3 Likes

Hello James,

As the community has undoubtedly noticed, we have been facing difficulties in releasing a new client over the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, this delay has also affected the fix that is required for the issue you are currently facing. The version you are looking for is Version 580.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, I will let them know!
After further investigation, I can confirm the users in question are stuck on Version 578.

Is there any workaround to manually update or do we have to wait for a patch?

As of now, we are not aware of any workaround. Waiting for the release of Version 580 appears to be the only available option.

3 Likes

I’ve been having this same issue since the start of May (Although I just now got access to replies and posting) and I was glad that it wasn’t only me, but why isn’t this issue being prioritized?

12 Likes

Looks like Version 580 was released, but they’re still stuck on Version 578 even after trying to reinstall.

Is this something you guys are still looking into?

4 Likes

Im now facing an issue where it says my Windows 10 is too outdated.
But im unable to update any further as it isn’t just a small security update, but trying to install 20 new features that prevent my pc from being usable.

1 Like

If any of you are getting the “sensapi.dll” error, try force closing iCUE and it’s respected services. I’ve had issues with the error for weeks on end following the implementation of the new anticheat.

Recently it got bad enough where I couldn’t play anything, so I decided to do some digging and successfully narrowed it down to iCUE. I can confirm Roblox has issues while it’s running. Sure enough after force closing iCUE, the error went away, and vice versa. For some reason it conflicts with the new AC.

If you don’t have iCUE or this doesn’t work, try force closing applications one by one. This includes background processes. Keep in mind you might also need to stop the services associated with those programs, as sometimes they run in the background even if the program is closed.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Ok, That can’t be a Roblox issue. What company is your computer provided by?

It’s Roblox telling me it won’t open unless i install an update