Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

Ah, how often are you crashing? I think I should’ve asked first, haha.
If you are also crashing as often I am consistently (10-15 minutes of robloxplayerbeta.exe runtime), then that completely destroys what I think is going on and the fact the people I asked with the issue all have a high thread CPU is a coincidence.

1 Like

Crashes within seconds, rarely a minute.

1 Like

I see, it seems we have different issues entirely, but both result from Byfron or the new 64-bit client (64-bit client for me (Byfron by proxy)).

If someone does decide to look at your crash dump, hopefully you will be able to yield some answers.

1 Like

I hope they do. I just want to play Phantom Forces, Man.

2 Likes

I just did a FULL Uninstall and Im gonna see if it runs and if it does crash see if the dump is the same.

(Or not, a staff member looked at the original as theres 2 views)

1 Like

Hello YourRetroDeveloper,

We have analyzed the crash dump, and it appears that a module with either no signature or an invalid one has been loaded. Unfortunately, the min-dump does not provide us with the name of the module. However, if you could provide us with a full crash dump following strategy three outlined here , we should be able to identify the exact name of the offending module rather quickly.

As a side note, please send the dump via direct message instead of posting it in this thread, as it most likely contains sensitive information.

1 Like

I post it with the same bug file page right?

2 Likes

Hello all,

As you probably noticed, we haven’t had a client release in quite some time. For those who follow our channel deployment (I’m looking at you, @jitlua), we deployed different versions of the client to a percentage of our user base. Some crashes might be attributed to those deployments. However, more importantly, with the delay of a new client release, some of the bug fixes discussed in this thread and in direct messages are also being delayed.

6 Likes

Also, Its a very large file, as its a Full.Client.dmp and for some reason when I try to upload it to the report it stops about halfway through

(Nevermind, Forgot about compression)

1 Like

If you have a Google Drive, please upload it there and send me the link (ensure that the link is publicly accessible). If you don’t have a Google Drive and need an alternative upload location, simply send me a direct message, and I will provide one.

1 Like

I compressed it to a zip file, does that work?

2 Likes

Alright, Sent.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/consistent-crashing/2465763?u=yourretrodeveloper

1 Like

No new crash dump has been uploaded. To ensure there are no size issues, I will send you a direct message with an upload location.

1 Like

It should be that zip file on top-

1 Like

Hello, i am also experiencing this.
here’s my timeline:
June 14th: - roblox updates, crashes. June 15th: roblox updates, no longer crashes.
June 16th - present: roblox updates, and crashes.
I have tried to:
Clear the roblox cache - nope. Reinstall roblox - nope. Restart my pc - nope.
Updating my pc - nope. Clearing the thumbnail cache - nope.
Clearing my temp files folder - nope.
Roblox even updated today, and it changed nothing. I’m going to make a post about this later, but for some reason i cant post under bug reports. For extra info, it crashes after around 15 seconds, but i dont think it’s hyperion related because i literally have roblox, an autoclicker, and war thunder downloaded, and not much else

1 Like

I would suggest waiting until today’s release (version 583) is out. After that, we will have a common base from which we can investigate crashes further. The past few weeks have been hectic, and users could have obtained various different clients, some of which may or may not contain speculative fixes that might have contributed to crashes.

1 Like

If that is the case, please send me the crash dump. However, before doing so, please make sure to enable full crash dumps to avoid multiple round trips during the diagnosis of the issue.

An update was just released and I am no longer crashing! I’m so happy I don’t have to wait any longer.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m sorry, I would send you it but I can’t figure out strategy 3, mostly the 1st step.

1 Like

Bump. Seems to only happen when I attempt to join DOORS.

1 Like