Roblox immediately crashes after opening

After the newest update, roblox crashes whenever I try opening it. Ive looked through every youtube tutorial on how I can try and fix it. I have uninstalled it and restarted my device many times then reinstalling it. My temp files are not corrupted in any way. Ive cleared roblox cache and cookies.

Ive read:

Installation stops at this:

Opening roblox looks like this:

Does anybody know any fixes?

8 Likes

Is your Roblox shutting down automatically?
Because that happened to me before

Is it always getting stuck at Installing Roblox...?

Seems like someone else if having this issue as well:

My assumption is that a install process, like WebView installer, is getting stuck. Check your Task Manager during installation when it gets stuck and search for any terms like Edge, Webview, WebviewUpdater, EdgeWebviewUpdate, etc and terminate it.

If all else fails, consider using GitHub - pizzaboxer/bloxstrap: An open-source, feature-packed alternative bootstrapper for Roblox. as a third-party launcher.

2 Likes

it shuts automatically, i try to open it and then like in the video it shuts automatically

I went to task manager and made sure to try and find Edge, Webview, WebviewUpdater, or EdgeWebviewUpdate but nothing came up. The launcher does not work either.

I found out that it wasn’t anything with the install process that was affecting the way it opens. I downloaded roblox on my laptop which I can play roblox normally on and copied it onto my main pc. When I opened it on my main pc it closed.

Maybe its your graphics card drivers? Have you updated them?

After doing immense research, I found out that it is an issue with roblox and other players are experiencing the same things but cannot do anything about it. I want to try and bring roblox’s attention to this and try to fix this.

1 Like

I had that issue too.

Ensure that your PC’s system and graphics card drivers are up to date.

1 Like

NEW SOLUTION: I went on reddit and found that Logitech G Hub was the cause. I don’t know entirely why, but if you have Logitech G Hub installed, uninstall it. I have a steering wheel so unplugging it should also fix the issue.

2 Likes

Uninstalling GHUB and restarting does not seem to fix the issue for me.

Are you sure your issue is the same as mine? If so then I got no clue. Try running Roblox as administrator.

I seem to encounter the same issue that you have but don’t have G Hub installed and it still refuses to work. I open up roblox, it updates, it gets stuck on one point for a few seconds and then randomly closes/crashes. Re-opening will just repeat the process.

I completely forgot to check back up on this thread, but over on a different one someone recently notified me about it, most likely a driver conflicting with Hyperion.
Just make sure to unplug your wheel every time you want to play Roblox.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.