Version 22H2
Installed on ‎8/‎24/‎2023
OS build 22621.2134
Serial number YX06YKRW
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

Frequency:
Occurs on all games.
What occurs:
After varying amounts of time, usually around 15 minutes, the ROBLOX application (desktop downloaded from website) freezes, occasionally displaying one more rendered frame about half a second later. This happens in every ROBLOX game. I have managed to run the application for an extended duration (around 3 hours), but in general, the game hangs far before then.
Effect:
ROBLOX games intended for long user focus are rendered unplayable as whatever goals in them will not be achievable before the game breaks.

Old Information

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!`

Dump files were shared with the Log / Crash / Dump file group

22 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

8 Likes

In my testing this seems to be related to Bluetooth. If you have a Bluetooth device could you test if your game stutters when connecting/disconnecting a Bluetooth device.

Does your game like stutter annoyingly beforehand, but not just right before the crash? That’s what happened to me which I found even more annoying in addition to it closing.

No, it just suddenly occurs without warning.

2 Likes

Note 1:
I am not sure if this is normal, but when running the simple code below through a local script in the ROBLOX player (on one of my games that is just a baseplate), it immediately freezes (but in a different way from my usual problem, where the mouse still moves and windows does not declare the program to be unresponsive).

while true do end

Note 2:
The usual game breaks tend to occur on less polished games as well as ones that seem to rely more on physics like the following (just a game I like to play, I don’t have any connections to it: Mechanica - Roblox, compared to something like Big Games’ Pet Simulator 99 which doesn’t have any physics except for player movement and is also certainly extremely polished and optimized.

Note 3:
I tried using the Microsoft Store Edition, but to no avail. This is a picture of it frozen:

Taken inside a really old game called : Wizard Tycoon - 2 Player - Roblox

There was a difference in that it performed the same as the game where I put the while true loop in (no program unresponsive message)

Also, a probably unrelated bug is that the microsoft edition thinks my PC that can’t fold into a laptop, but does have touchscreen, is a tablet.

2 Likes

In this thread, a solution related to removing an Oculus file was found. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find that file.

1 Like

It’s just in your Oculus folder, wherever you downloaded it. Basically it’s only on your computer if you have Oculus installed, if you don’t, then it won’t be on your machine.

I don’t use Oculus and have no Oculus folder.

Do have any programs that might be messing with audio?

I have a program called Dolby Access with Dolby Atmos inside (it messes with outputted sound “Dolby Atmos identifies the content and provides automatic adjustments to deliver the best sound”) and also one called Lenovo Smart Noise Cancellation (Affects both inputted microphone stuff and outputted audio). (Both of which were automatically installed on the device as it was a Lenovo brand device)

If possible deleting those may solve the issue. Alternatively you could just install a fresh copy of windows on to a different drive without those programs and see if that works.

I can confirm this bug coming back after it was fixed for awhile but instead of everytime i joined, it only occurs on first game i play (the second or more stopped but also preferably random)

another reason to assume it happens isn’t because of drivers but some worker threads mentioned in one of my post created before that it was inaccessible, the problem isn’t coming from the drivers at all.

1 Like

This is still occurring and is quite annoying.

1 Like

This issue just started affecting me last night around 8 PM EST. I normally use an fps unlocker and went ahead and uninstalled and removed all traces of that application on my desktop, and reinstalled Roblox. Neither of these actions resolved the issue and I can no longer play for more than 10 minutes before my client freezes and then crashes.

I believe these issues may be related. I have started to experience the issue on PC as well.

My memory usage doesn’t go up before freezing and crashing. The only thing noticeable right before I crash is I get super high ping spikes every 30-40 seconds. I credit that however to Roblox’s notoriously subpar server performance and my own internet which at times can be unstable.

I don’t think there are any correlations between my issue and the one stated in the linked post, however during my next session I’ll be sure to monitor my system’s memory usage. I also play on PC, and most the issues in that post were linked to mobile devices.

Every V609 fix is still pending, meaning this shouldn’t be fixed yet (to the public), but when it becomes Live it should

same happening to me, already tried factory reset and didn’t work