Roblox Player won't launch after I click "Play" on an experience

if you have that issue, and you are on Windows 11 Insider Preview, this is likely the reason

2 Likes

I didn’t know this is a bug and not a problem for me.

1 Like

Mine’s not and I’m still having an issue

2 Likes

you are probably having a Hyperion issue

2 Likes

Ahhh… Guess I have to wait for the fix then.

2 Likes

Hello demofocus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Would you mind letting us know if the issue was indeed Bitdefender? If so, we are aware of an issue with it and have a fix in the pipeline. Roblox not launching, at all - #19 by Bitdancer

4 Likes

Hi, This is not the issue in my case. My Game still crashes despite not having this application. I have re-installed and deleted all related files to Roblox, despite that I still cant open Roblox it crashes instantly. Roblox Studio works perfectly fine

2 Likes

It was Bitdefender, once I added an exception to Roblox Player through Bitdefender I was able to load games again.

1 Like

I have been experiencing this issue for three weeks straight, even though I have not installed this application. I wonder if this is related to Windows 11 Insider, but I have not found any confirmation. I have tried every possible method, including reinstalling, but nothing works. Roblox keeps crashing, while Roblox Studio runs fine.

1 Like

I just tried Demofocus’s Method and It allowed me to boot up the game. It was a bit tricky but I had to place the exception explicitly on the ‘RobloxPlayerBeta’ Application for any success.

1 Like

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/hyperion-related-solutions/2322367/90?u=bitdancer

Windows 11 insider is not supported at the moment. A fix is in the pipeline.

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming. As mentioned, the issue is known, and we have a fix going through the build and test pipeline right now, and it will be rolled out with the next release.

2 Likes

Hello Ionely_traveler,

You mentioned crashes. If you have a crash dump, please forward it to us for analysis.

1 Like

I do not have a crash dump file the client instantly crashes and shows up for about 5ms. The only thing I have is Roblox logs end at

2023-10-26T18:06:31.702Z,2.702143,621c,6 [FLog::SurfaceController] SurfaceController::RenderJob::scheduleRender: No data model. Bind workspace now...
2023-10-26T18:06:31.718Z,2.718177,621c,6 [FLog::Graphics] LayeredClothingMode updated: LC=1 HSR=1
2023-10-26T18:06:31.728Z,2.728385,621c,6 [FLog::Graphics] SceneManager: resizing main targets to 2560x1369
1 Like

I would also like to thank you for your quick response times and actively trying to find the issue.

2 Likes

Hello,

I also use Bitdefender, but I tried adding an exception to Roblox although it didn’t fix the issue. For me, the issue started yesterday immediately after the Roblox player updated.

It also still does not work after the fix.

1 Like

Without crash dumps, it is really hard to diagnose the issue. The whole Bitdefender incompatibility issue was worked out by the community, and without folks here on the forum, we wouldn’t even have known, as it is impossible to have all possible configurations in-house for testing. Thank you all for your help and dedication.

Having said that, for the next release, we have currently merged fixes for all the issues mentioned in my post here, and we hope this solves the majority of the incompatibilities discussed in this topic.

3 Likes

Should I private message you the log file?

1 Like

Ideally, I would like to have a crash dump. If you have one, please feel free to upload it to Google Drive (crash dumps can be huge) and send me the link in a DM. If you don’t have any place to store the crash dump, please let me know in a DM, and I will provide a location.

If you don’t have a crash dump and only have logs, feel free to DM them to me. Unfortunately, log files are hit and miss. Sometimes we can figure out the root cause, but more often than not, we can’t.

Experiencing the same thing, and have been for a little over a week. It only happens on my Window devices, not my Macbook.