Roblox Studio is marked as a Trojan by Windows Defender

My Windows Defender thinks Studio is a trojan. I can’t access or download Studio anymore. I’m on Windows 10.

studio2

Started happening like an hour ago (2:30 PSTish, 7/13/2023).

Really

I’ve seen this happen to a few people now.

37 Likes

Same thing happening to me bro.
Its roblox I think I aint allowing it tho until THEY fix it not us.

7 Likes

Same here

I can’t enter studio, i tried reinstalling through RobloxStudioModManager but after some minutes studio closed itself and the trojan warning appeared again

4 Likes

Once I updated Windows, it seems to have fixed itself. If anyone else is having this issue, try updating your Windows

5 Likes

Updating windows fixed the problem for me too. I recall seeing an update for windows security, the new studio update may not be compatible with outdated windows versions. :eyes:

EDIT: I’ve done some research online and it turns out that this is a bug with windows detecting false positives. The new windows update fixes the issue.

5 Likes

Nevermind, I am again experiencing this issue after opening up a 2nd studio window.

2 Likes

After updating it still detects the trojan for me

3 Likes

if anyone needs a temporary solution to this issue, you could use something like winaero tweaker to forcibly disable windows defender using the ‘disable windows defender’ tweak

just remember to reenable defender after this issue is fixed! (or don’t >:3)

1 Like

So that’s what this was. Woke up to a random message saying I had a trojan virus.
I’ve already removed them and was researching, surprised to see devforum show up.
Hopefully we can get this fixed ASAP!

1 Like

Kicked me out of studio roughly 30 minutes ago, each launch had the same error as what you’ve experienced.

I tried to only whitelist Roblox from my Anti-Virus (I’m not gonna disable it completely lol) and after 5 minutes of being up, it consistently crashes. No warning or error log

1 Like

no it didnt fix it for me . updating isnt a solution

1 Like

After using Studio for an hour-ish :v:
(Windows 11)

6 Likes

im also currently having the same problem

3 Likes

Thanks for the report, we’ve pinged some folks internally to take a look at this.

17 Likes

I am having the same issue too, :frowning:

this is the fix for windows 11

3 Likes

Same problem as well. Perhaps this is a certified Byfron moment?

I thought I downloaded something sketchy XD

Looks like I’m not alone.

2 Likes

I have same issue, but you can just turn off “real time protection” from your settings and it will work perfectly, just wait until Roblox fix’s this bug.

2 Likes

Well, the problem is that we don’t want the trojan be a real problem, but just a windows mistake. But nice to know that works.

2 Likes