Roblox Studio Mod Manager

I used this in combination with Eltobb’s Vanilla icon pack. Studio looks fresh, thanks man ^^

2 Likes

Does this still function the way the normal Studio does? I usually test ReShade and RoShade shader packs in my normal Studio.

Bug Report

Abstract: When using mod manager with collaborative editing, script edits sometimes will not save and progress will be lost.

I’ve had progress lost on multiple occasions due to this issue. Please fix this when possible.

To reproduce, try doing the following:

• Open Studio with Mod Manager
  • Open an online, team-create place that has collaborative editing enabled
  • Open a script of your choice and attempt to make edits
  • When edits are made, there is a chance that the draft window will not appear. If this is the case, you have just experienced the bug. The moment you close the script, all changes made are reverted instantly.

Temporary fix:

• If you see that the draft window does not open, DO NOT CONTINUE EDITING THE SCRIPT!
  • Close studio, and reopen it (with or without mod manager, both are fine in this instance).
  • You should be able to edit scripts correctly now.

Hope to see a fix for this soon!

I’ve been using Team Create for 13 months straight with collaborative editing enabled and have never seen this bug, that is very strange. Are you sure it’s specific to my mod manager? Are you using sitetest branches on production team create servers? If so, that’s a bad idea.

Make sure all of the files were installed correctly by checking this box:

If you can provide any additional details or identify how you triggered this bug, it would be very helpful.

3 Likes

I’ve experienced this issue once without using Roblox Studio Mod Manager.

2 Likes

This is actually this bug I believe:

1 Like

Yep. All it’s doing is managing installation and updates for Roblox Studio, in a directory separate from the one Roblox uses so that it isn’t subject to their bootstrapper’s file integrity checks.

2 Likes

Question. I want to replace a class icon, but the icon is being used on multiple classes. Is there a way to replace an icon for just one specific class?

1 Like

You’ll have to edit and override the ReflectionMetadata.xml file.

1 Like

I managed to find the file, but I have no idea what I’m doing with it. Either way, thanks.

Such an amazing tool for developers but can you please include the uninstallation process?

Can I download this mods in Mac?

It has been mentioned before in the replies below:

1 Like

I’m experiencing a weird issue where, when launching Studio through Mod Manager, ClickToMoveController fails to appear under the PlayerModule and breaks player controls in Play Solo completely. The module does exist in the install files, so I don’t know why it’s not loading. I tried force-reinstalling studio with no luck.

Hi, I’d like to try this because I want to try Vanilla, but my browser keeps blocking it as “harmful” (it has not done this for previous .exe files) and my Windows Security program noticed a threat in my program as soon as I tried to install with shields off on Brave (and I noticed you mentioned this in OP, but you didn’t mention Brave). The browser is stopping me from downloading this at all, so any help would be appreciated.

Browser: latest Brave version

Is there any way to prove to my computer it isn’t harmful? Is there any way for you to do this with Brave?

My Avast doesn’t flag it up and I haven’t noticed any change in performance since installing. I believe there is bugs with this anyways as the Vanilla icons never show for me

I can’t run it because it leads to the Defender page.

Why is Windows Defender Smartscreen flagging this as a virus? I can’t install it anymore at all.

I can’t use boatboamber’s method. No questions.

Same…

Better wait, then.

I’m sorta dumb. The Vanilla icons wasn’t working as you have to launch Studio via Mod Manager every time which is pretty annoying.

Have you tried running it in Internet Explorer and turn Windows SmartScreen and Defender off temporarily in your security settings?

(browsers such as Opera and Firefox shouldn’t pop up as flagging this as a virus, I used Opera to install it, Internet Explorer shouldn’t either if you turn SmartScreen off)

If you don’t have Internet Explorer, go to edge://settings/privacy and disable Windows Defender SmartScreen

2 Likes

Just run it in IE.

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s great that it’s working for you now, I’m happy to help :blush:

Also @Maximum_ADHD wouldn’t it be better to put this in Community Resources instead of Cool Creations?