Save the Date: RDC 2022

I am so excited!!! Bloxies as well!!! FUN RDC EXPERIENCE!! And hopefully, I will be able to go in-person and see all of you :slight_smile: It was fun last year online and it will be enjoyable regardless!!

7 Likes

OMG bloxy awards commencing at RDC? bloxy awards becoming a real life event as opposed to solely an online event is actually going to be revolutionary and a step in the right direction imo

I can’t wait, I have a friend thats gonna go to the RDC 2022! AWSOME :grinning: and so AM I

2 Likes

Hi, is there an age requirement of putting data on the website and submit the ticket request thing?

Great to see RDC very soon! Will RDC ever change to fully in-person, or it will remain hybrid?

There’s a game jam going on right now isn’t there?

1 Like

This one isn’t the game jam in question. RDC has it’s own one every year. To Alvin - hopefully they do it like last year and do it before RDC.

5 Likes

I don’t think it matters if you attend virtually

1 Like

What do we enter for Company/Studio/Media Outlet if we are independent developers?

9 Likes

I am SO EXCITED!!! I have been asking for an irl Bloxys for years, I cannot contain my excitement for this oh my god. Anyways, hopefully I will see you all there this September!

12 Likes

I’ll see you there too. Can’t wait to meet you all

Interesting to see you guys bring the bloxy awards to RDC, Can’t wait to see how that turns out!

1 Like

Imo, the website should send a confirmation email once you subscribe so that we know it went through to the system properly.

Incredibly exciting! Can’t wait to see y’all at RDC!

9 Likes

Bloxy Awards with RDC sounds like a great idea! Can’t wait to see what Roblox will have in store for us this year.

5 Likes

Looking forward to RDC again! We only had to wait 11 months this time, maybe 2023 will be in August as we slowly shift back to RDC in the summer

4 Likes

Many developers are university students (including myself), and a fall date doesn’t comply with our schedules. Looks like I’ll have to bring a chemistry textbook.

In addition, it doesn’t seem faithful to retire Game Jam in-favour of the Bloxy Awards. I really hope this isn’t the case, but again, how is it possible to fit Game Jam, breakout sessions, and the Bloxy Awards in a 2-day period? Usually, RDC is a 3-day period, and even then, it feels like a tight schedule.

Regardless, I’m excited, just a little concerned. I guess I’ll wait it out and see what happens.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s time for another round of RDC(but I wasn’t invited last year :frowning:)…

Maybe I should look forward to more networking as the opportunity.

1 Like

One question - I’d need a visa to be able to attend RDC / enter the US, and I’m not sure if I’d be able to get one in time. So if I’m invited I’ll maybe be able to go in-person, otherwise I’d have to go virtually. So do I answer “in person” or “virtually”? As I’d love to be able to go in-person if possible!

Additionally, I’ve recently had a situation where the group owner “cashed out” and removed me from the group, but I’d been working on that game for a year and headed project development. The game had nearly 14M visits & was my main project, so I feel I might not have much of a chance without putting that game on my registration (but if I do, would it really count?). So I’m a bit confused whether or not I should add that in the Company/Studio field in parantheses.

4 Likes

This is probably one of the best ideas ever, having creators in person receive the Bloxy.

Looks fun, hope everyone enjoys it.

1 Like