Selection Improvements

How’d you get the good draggers and not the clunky new ones?

This is the exact same problem I have with the new highlight selection.

1 Like

The draggers are via the plugin Studio Build Suite. Hoping the selection issue is acknowledged.

2 Likes

We have changed the toggle in the View tab for bounding boxes into an option dropdown where you can now select a rendering style for your selected objects: outlines, bounding boxes, or both. Apologies for the delay for this update and thank you for your continued feedback!

9 Likes

Thank you for adding the bounding box-only option. It’s perfect now; Now the outline shrinks as I get closer to it (which I know is a part of this beta feature), which is great, and I don’t need to worry about the outlines anymore.

I’m sure many others that see this post will appreciate this too.

2 Likes

Enabling bounding boxes causes a somewhat awkward situation where part of the selection is visible while part is not. Would it be possible to display the bounding box on top of geometry?

1 Like

New update to hover/selection feedback!

7 Likes

Awesome!!!
And the ability to quickly switch between all 3 options makes complete sense.
Kudos to your team!

1 Like

I assume someone has already mentioned this, but sometimes a selection indicator appears on an object that I’m not selecting.

For example, there is a selection box around the baseplate but I am not currently selecting the baseplate.

2 Likes

This might be because you have hovered over it and then directly gone off-screen without the mouse reaching an empty spot. This has been a “glitch” since Roblox was first released.

2 Likes

It has been happening a lot ever since the selection update was published, it hadn’t happened at all before the update

Well, then I guess it must be a bug. Maybe try changing the settings, see if that fixes it?

1 Like

What are the reproduction steps that you did to cause an object to have outlines persist?

1 Like

It happened a few times from duplicating parts, it also happened just from joining studio

1 Like

Note: The team has identified a couple cases where outlines can appear stuck on the screen and a fix for these will be in the next release.

1 Like

I was really hoping that this would improve before this change was forced on me; but here we are:

I can’t tell which part I have selected. I honestly don’t know what my current selection is; and with this change I can no longer edit my games in Roblox. I really need to be able to revert to the previous version of the selection highlight system.

2 Likes

There is a new button in the View tab which you can use to toggle between outlines, bounding boxes, or having both on. Let us know if that works for you!

3 Likes

That’s far better, especially after also tweaking thickness! I’m still having a bit of trouble with the line thickness not being consistent based on distance; which I depended on a lot to accurately position instances, but I can manage to work with this.

As a bit of feedback, what visually disturbs me in the Outlines mode is the transparency; which makes me visually confused (and even dazed if I look at it for too long). Thanks for the quick reply!

No problem! The first post explains the new features and our rationale behind the decisions. For the outline transparency we have also lowered it since beta. This can continually be tweaked so thank you for your feedback and we’ll continue to monitor.

1 Like

I think there should be a setting to toggle AlwaysOnTop.

4 Likes

How can I disable selection cycling? I can’t find the option anywhere, nor an option to change the held key within Shortcuts.