Social Media Links

Should allow links to Roblox groups, so you can add your game community group!

12 Likes

Any plans to allow discord usernames or servers on our profile that can only be viewed by 13+?

9 Likes

This is in the works! Stay tuned!

16 Likes

That would be an awesome feature to have.

3 Likes

Yeah, shame that get didnt get replied to just now…

2 Likes

Hi developers,

We have been listening to your feedback and working on various improvements in the past few months, and we wanted to give you an update. As of today, we have added functionality to show a link to your Roblox group!

In this release, you will only be able to link groups that you own, but we are looking into allowing you to add groups owned by others. Additionally, please note that only 13+ players will be able to see social links as part of this release, but we are working to make group links viewable for under 13 players as well.

To add a Roblox group link to your game, visit the Configure Game page and navigate to the Social Links tab. As before, you can add up to three social links, and one social link per social channel.

Players will then be able to see a very official looking Roblox group link on the game details page for your game!

pasted%20image%200%20(1)

This is just the first in a series of group-related updates. Stay tuned!

Best,
Caelestene.

47 Likes

Will we be able to have multiple links for groups? As an example, can the “Innovation Inc Labs” have a link to Innovation Inc and Innovation Security?

4 Likes

Absolutely love this, multiple links for the same platform would also be cool to see! (ex. multiple twitter accounts for codes and etc.)

4 Likes

Is it possible to allow us to link groups we are not owners of?

I have a studio that I’m co-owners of, and I cannot link the group to my game because I do not own the group. I have every single permission in the group. I think I should be able to link a group that I am basically owner of.

If impersonations are a concern, there should be a permission in the group to allow that person to link it.

Ignore this. This is why you don’t skim posts.

5 Likes

If you read, they are looking into the ability to add that feature.

5 Likes

Starting to feel a little bit cramped with the three link limit. I have to choose whether to drop my YouTube, Twitter, or Discord link now so I can include my group.
Excited to see what comes next though.

9 Likes

When will we be able to add two or more of the same social platform? I don’t really see why you’d limit this

4 Likes

Already being extended.

4 Likes

We definitely would like to allow multiple links for the same platform (including groups). We would also like to increase the number of social links you can add. These improvements are on our to-do list – it may take a little time to get to given the priority of other features.

6 Likes

I’m getting “The social link title was moderated.” whenever I try to include the word “Discord” in my Discord link title. This was possible before I updated the text.

11 Likes

I guess this exists now.

Didn’t know it did (or rather I saw it but my brain filtered it out of existence) until I saw a thread regarding the use of the feature and how the word “Discord” was blocked on it.

silent update why?

16 Likes

Was so confused at why you were saying the update was silent, I completely missed the screenshot is the group admin page and not the feature this post was originally talking about. So silent I didn’t even understand when presented with it. That’s unusual for Roblox.

10 Likes

Oh, that’s neat.

Thankfully you posted about this otherwise I wouldn’t have known.

3 Likes

Don’t use the word Discord. Simple fix. Instead of saying “Join our Discord Server” say “Join our server”

Discord is still against the filter because Discord is still a banned entity. The social links are a way they can show Discord to ONLY 13+ users.

5 Likes

yeah I said ‘Server’ and it worked, the icon lets people know it’s discord anyhow.

I don’t think there will be any confusion

2 Likes