Souls-like RPG Game Devlog #4 - Lore, First NPC, New Area!

Hello guys, I am XYXTENTAC1ON and I am here to show you the game that I’ve been working on for the past year now!

Check out my last devlog here!:
Souls-like RPG Game Development #3

It’s been a while since I posted my last devlog. Sadly I’ve been busy with school and I actually hit a wall with my development. I want to make a game that makes sense in all aspects; visual design, level design, story, pacing ect. So I realised I needed to make lore!

I’m using obsidian to write my lore and I’ve been working on the story. Here’s a graphic of everything! There should be no spoilers!

I think I have a pretty interesting concept and idea. Maybe I’m taking this a bit too seriously but I want my game to at least have some kind of message.

But okay! I have some new things i’d like to showcase! All of these are subject to change!

Here is my first NPC:

I think they look pretty good!

Some screenshots of new areas:

Angel, The Beacon of Hope

Alright guys, I know it isn’t a lot but having the overall story done will really speed up progress. I know how I need to continue now and I’ll do my best to get the first areas done before the summer. I’ll also be working on dialog, NPC’s, bosses and enemies. I might also look into enlisting some help with coding AI and other things just to help speed development up a little!

So thank you for reading once again! I hope you guys had a good Christmas and will have a great 2022!

21 Likes

Gorgeous! Loving the development process!

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing! I dont think i have seen something like this before. A RPG made in roblox with very high graphics…

2 Likes

Is this it? A game that actually looks okay to anyone outside of the Roblox bubble? Looks awesome!
The character looks a little weird though.
I mean seriously. Look at this. Look at what Roblox is capable of and then look at what we’ve done with it. What the hell?

1 Like

looks weird how? the blocky roblox characters will remain. I think the “normal” looking non-blocky characters look kind of weird and uncanny. You can make super smooth and good looking animations with blocky characters! Please elaborate!

1 Like