A few weeks ago, we launched the Roblox Community Space and invited a select number of eligible developers to preview the upcoming Spatial Voice feature. Today, we have just added an option within Studio for you to enable and test Spatial Voice within your experiences!
We will also be expanding the Spatial Voice beta over the coming weeks to include 13+ users who verify their age. Age Verification can be accessed in Settings > Account Information under your birthday. The opt-in feature is being gradually rolled out over the next few weeks, and those who choose to participate will become eligible for early access to Spatial Voice as we expand its beta enrollment. To learn more about Age Verification, check out our recent announcement.
- All developers can choose to enable Spatial Voice within their experiences. Publishing an experience with Spatial Voice enabled will allow all Developer Beta users to use Voice in the experience
- Testing available in Team Test in Studio for all devs, but ONLY Developer Beta participants can “hear” Spatial Voice
Keep checking this thread, we will keep it updated with the latest features & eligibility as we expand the beta.
All developers now have the ability to enable Spatial Voice within your experience. But there are a few important things to note:
- You can choose to enable Spatial Voice and publish your experience, but only Developer Beta users will be able to use Voice in your experience
- Access to the Spatial Voice Developer Beta is still limited
- Testing available in Team Test in Studio for all, but ONLY Developer Beta participants can “hear” voice
- Your experience must have the maximum number of users set to 30 or less
While we are in this phase of testing, access to the Developer Beta will still be limited to select, eligible developers. We know you’re excited to try Spatial Voice, but please be patient while we roll out access to the Beta!
See the DevHub article for more information.