Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

I wish that the docking system for plugins would stay where it was like in the old docking system, in the old system previously if you put a plugin in a dock even if you disabled and enabled it again. It would not reset it’s position, now would you disable and then enable a plugin it resets it’s docking position and this is really annoying to me.

Hi, I’m encountering a bug where whenever I close and re-open a place within studio, the layout is all messed up and I am not able to drag and resize any tabs. I have to restart the studio program for it to fix. I assume this is related to this update, this has happened to me on multiple machines so I wonder if anyone else has this issue.

Hi @052008cooljp, we are aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

1 Like

Hi @Rae3504, can you please answer the questions below?

1. Was this always happening for you, or it just started to happen?
  2. Do you have a dual-monitor setup and Studio is running on your second monitor?
  3. Do you have the High DPI beta feature enabled, and what is the scaling of the monitor where you are running Studio. Is it more than 100%?
  1. I believe this only started happening when the new docking feature was enabled for me.
  2. Yes, I checked and the issue only happens when studio is open on the second monitor
  3. I have it enabled, I disabled it and it no longer happens. The scale of the second monitor is 100%.

I remember this issue happening to me before well before the high DPI feature was released but I don’t remember the details of when that happened. I’ll lyk if it occurs again.

Thanks.

Got this to happen from another way today, this time from re-adjusting a plugin’s widget window.

1 Like

I am having this issue aswell, and the only way for me to fix this is to close and re-open studio until it fixes itself.

yall serious now? removing attachments, and specialmeshs? :sob:

Encountered an issue where if you have the program DPI scaling enabled for the launcher (which I need to prevent studio from looking like a blurry mess), your mouse will end up being offset.

https://gyazo.com/0c2e4063bf77e54680a257c4aa4645e7

Hey uh the update just rolled out for me i guess, whered the device ui changer go next to the hide ui button cause im stuck as an ipad right now lol

To fix this you need to enable the DPI beta.

1 Like

Now ~80% of the time when I open studio it looks like this

If you are having the issue in the below bug report, try the solution I gave:

1 Like

Here’s an easier way to reset your layout:

2 Likes

Try resetting your layout:

1 Like

It seems to be working now thanks :smiley:

Would it be too much to ask for this update to be completely reverted? It’s not a good update and has only RUINED my entire experience with Studio. It behaves completely erratically, it runs terrible, has ruined some productivity with irrational relocation of UI related buttons, and it freezes up constantly. None of these happened before this update was pushed, and it has made me not want to work on anything.

I can’t fix my layout after it was completely messed up for no reason because dragging the widgets causes severe lag, it’s like it’s got a spring damping on it, and it makes putting things back nearly impossible.

Not just that, but sometimes windows disappear ENTIRELY. I lost my script recovery window and it constantly warns me about it because I can’t clear the recovered scripts.

Don’t even get me started on testing, Studio now freezes for up to FIVE MINUTES (for reference, I am running a 3900x and a 1080ti which should not have lag issues like I have) just when starting a play test. This would be tolerable if the play test in separate window feature wasn’t removed.

PLEASE, just undo this update. I don’t want to work with Studio anymore because of all of these issues.

2 Likes

Finally a post about this issue. Team create takes so long to load up and then on top of it I open it to 20 thousand pop-up screens. Hopefully, they’ll do something about this.

RE the video specifically, that’s no longer how you dock panels.

You don’t drag it right to the side: See the plus shaped set of boxes that show up overlaid over the window you’re hovering as you drag? You hover over the particular part of the box specifying how you want to dock the window to dock it, giving you explicit control over exactly how it docks.

I’m trying to dock them like that, but it’s so easy to miss the docking spot now because of how it’s slowed down and damped feeling. That part I have no issue with, it’s just the extreme performance regression that came with this update.

Here’s a video showing how much effort I need to go through just to dock this widget. The damped looking cursor is the one that I was seeing, whereas the other cursor that moves normally is where it’s supposed to be.

I also have further issues but I don’t think they’re related to this, but they are also performance issues so I’ll throw them in.

Just selecting the move tool in Studio causes my framerate to TANK hard. I’m pretty sure that’s your team (or you have contact with them) but it’s making working even worse than the performance regression has.

1 Like