Studio lagging severely while using Toolbox since today

So recently I’ve been experiencing this major problem that makes my studio completely/near unusable. Every time I interact with the toolbox, the studio drops to 1-5 fps. This shouldn’t be related to my computer in anyways since my computer is a pretty high-end PC.

If it is related to my PC then my specs will be listed here:
GTX 1060 6GB TI
i7-8700k
16gb DDR4 RAM
MOBO MSI Z370
500gb SSD
(2x) 2tb hdd

The bug has been starting today and I would really be helpful if someone can solve this quickly since this is really affecting my work.

7 Likes

Just wanted to confirm this is just when using the toolbar…

Can you replicate this if you studo looses focus or does this lag?
Can you replicate this while playing solo?

1 Like

I just tried using other tabs and turns out it doesn’t just lag on toolbox, I selected Terrain Editor and got the same results but it would also stop when I select properties again

2 Likes

Wow, I thought I was alone! my studio has been having this problem recently and I have no idea why! Mine happens even when I don’t have the toolbox open though, so I’m not sure if it is the same thing, but it looks the same.
Have you found out why yet?

This may be related to Studio Freezing up when I move my camera

which was just fixed. Can you confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?

Yea, I’m still experiencing the same issue, I discovered that when I change the tab to toolbox or terrain editor it starts to lag, but when I switch it back to the properties tab, the lagging stops.

1 Like

I’ve started having this issue as well but under slightly different circumstances.
When I open the project everything is fine and the toolbox is not selected. I have another tab selected.
When I click play-solo, the game acts as expected.
After I click stop and return to editing my game, Studio’s performance screeches to a crawl.
Clicking on another window like Spotify or on my desktop (causing Studio to unfocus) makes the lag go away, but it comes back the moment I reselected Studio.
Focusing the toolbox fixes the lag, and Studio resumes performing as expected, even after I unfocus the toolbox, select other tabs, make changes in the scene or unfocus studio alltogether.

Update: regardless of if I have the terrain editor or the toolbox selected, the game lags unbearably when I have a script open.
Editing code isn’t usually something that requires a lot of frames to do, but it’s not that hard to get frames while doing it. less than 15 fps is unusable even for code editing.
Not having the scene view visible seems to be causing the lag in this case. If I pop out the script editor then the lag stops, but I can’t seem to find any other way of making the lag go away. This is kind of absurd.
Clicking and dragging on the title of the script editor and hovering over the scene view so it highlights it showing you that if you let go of left click it will dock over it causes the lag as well. Hovering over the toolbox or the terrain editor also causes a lot of lag to the point of being unusable though it’s still not as bad as the lag caused by hovering over the scene view. Hovering over the explorer or properties windows does not cause any extra lag that I can discern.

1 Like

If anyone is still having trouble a solution/easy workaround has been found for my problem at least:

1 Like