Sunsetting Premium Only Groups

Is it possible someday to implement restrictions on games/groups that say you must have a certain amount of time signed up to be able to join?

1 Like

Those scripts already exist, its so you can make users playing have a certain account age or they get kicked.

3 Likes

I think it’s a good thing that this feature is being retired as to some extent all Game Designers / Creators are in some way, benefited from those whom never had BC or Premium just by playing the game.

So, I’m a fan of them removing this feature because I remember a time when I could not also join thoes said groups.

However. If you were looking to maybe change this feature, I’m not sure how you all would feel about this and this is solely my opinion:

Maybe they could have changed it to instead being premium only to it being for people whom have ever had premium before and that could be considered a form of verification to prevent group being botted ect ect.

Not sure how you all feel about that, it was just a thought that came across my mind while reading this.

Stay Safe Roblox and DevForumers Alike
Tom

3 Likes

Personally, I can say that I agree with this decision.

Although it would be cool to have a Group based around Premium users or a Premium Only Community I think it’s best to remove this update as more Unfortunate Users on the Site may feel left out and that is not okay.

I personally think Roblox should be a fun place for everyone no matter what situation they are in.

2 Likes

Yes it is really good to have the feature back as it helps out to guys who want to set up clothing groups and stuff with people they know will have more chances of buying there clothing. This members are premium subscribers of course so good update!

The only thing which I would find this thing useful for is for trading groups, but we could use javascript bots instead.

2 Likes

Nice, i always thought “premium” only groups where pointless anyway…

4 Likes

They do, I am talking about roblox groups as the literal topic is talking about.

1 Like
original post

do you guys even earn anything by enabling this feature on your group
i dont think you do, you’re just gonna lose people in your group
but some people will want to buy premium just to join your group

so the winner here is clearly roblox since they earn more bread with this

roblox, if you want to make it better, please make it have atleast a reward for making it premium only, you cant do free ads like that

edit : im stupid, i didnt realize they said they are gonna remove it

As much as I’m against the bringing in of Subscription-based Games. It would easily be possible to utilize Developer Products, the abilities of os.time and a check on player added to fulfil this… for whatever purposes really require Subscription-Based access…

The point of this topic is announcing the removal of premium only groups. Please read the OP before replying.

With regards to ‘lost premium revenue’; roblox wouldn’t make a change like this if it lost them rev lol :wink: they’re a multi-billion dollar company for a reason

2 Likes

ohhhh so thats what sunsetting means
im french and i dont understand all the words ok yes
sorry

All someone has to do is set their group to invite-only and make a bot that checks their premium status and lets them in or denies their request. There are tons of node.js bot tutorials and noblox.js documentation exists so all it would require is a bit of effort.

1 Like

I’m not sure how useful this change really is, but in m opinion the more options you’re able to provide the better.

It’s no secret that groups have very little changes to be able and make so therefor I guess this is cool, but not really as this feels like such a low priority?

It is also a great source of revenue for Roblox, and making clothing is one of the incentives to get Premium.

1 Like

Trading communities, or perhaps simply premium only communities, for fun, nothing specific. It’s not a class dividing thing, it’s just that, for example in trading communities only premium users can trade, so there’s no point in letting people that can’t trade in.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed after reading posts here is that Roblox mirrors real life in some ways. The people with Premium complain about not enough benefits, no point in buying Premium, and how Premium is becoming closer to regular-ness. They also use the argument, when questioned about why Roblox doesn’t let non-premium users have access to more stuff, that Premium benefits is how Roblox makes money, and that’s pretty much what you say whenever Roblox removes or weakens another Premium benefit. Average users applaud these changes, say it thins the divide, and makes it easier for Roblox people to do stuff. tbh I’m in the non-premium camp, but personally this is a dangerous thing. Class divide and elitism shouldn’t exist on a kids’ game. Roblox needs to find a way to balance things out, since currently I’m pretty sure Premium and Non-Premium users view each other unfavorably. We need to find a balance.
:robux_gold: :robux: :free: :thinking:

4 Likes

what

instead of “what” give me a real reply.

5 Likes

Want more examples?