[archive] The process of rigging a custom character

My rotate is set at 5 and my move is set at .05. I have no clue what the issue would be but it’s still freezing.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the tutorial but I have one question, are you going to make another tutorial for Blender?

The reason why I’m asking this question is that I’m planning to make nonhuman enemies like block minions in the future.

1 Like

I am not sure how to create skinned meshes, only normal rigs. I could try but I probably wont

1 Like

Thats odd. I am unsure then. I can help more in a little just busy

1 Like

Alright, let’s take this to messages. I’d be happy to send anything you need.

1 Like

I’m having a bit of an issue with how my rig appears on the client vs. server. I’ll link my topic here:

1 Like

[SOLVED]
I’m trying to animate a custom rig and I keep getting an error.
It continually says “The following parts are affected by multiple Motor6Ds: Torso; Torso”.

I’ve tried renaming and removing some Motor6Ds but hasn’t worked.
[SOLVED]

2 Likes

So I’ve got this ramen box model I want to make it into a custom character.

I’m going to add limbs to it.
Using this tutorial, is it possible to make the player spawn in as this box? Or should I use a different method?

2 Likes

If you have rigged it correctly, then it should work.

Hello!, I really need help, ive created a model and rigged it, and named it starter character, and i put it into starterplayer, it didnt work, instead i was in my humanoid root part, but the rest of my model fell off, it splattered all over the ground, here’s a post i made about it, My Rig For A StarterCharacter Not Working/Not Doing What’s intended - Art Design Support - DevForum | Roblox You would help me ALOT if you can figure out the problem about it, any help will help alot, thank you!

hey, just a question, did this work out for you? because im trying to achieve something like your idea, except its a lightbulb, if it did work, please tell me what you did.

Im having the same issue raicekrispies was, the parts do not move when trying to animate. Any thoughts? I have rigged it like you said.

Make sure all of your characters parts are unanchored. I forgot to add that to the tutorial, and will now.

1 Like

So they are unanchored, ill read what you put in.

Oh they are unanchored? Im unsure why this isnt working then, everyone seems to be having issues with it and idk why

Maybe ill remake it (with an edit of course, not making a whole other topic lol)

1 Like

If it WAS anchored im pretty sure you would get an error. Im getting no errors.

1 Like

The head does have a decal and left arm, left leg, right arm, right leg are connected to torso with motor6ds. Does the decal change anything? Or did i put the rigging in the wrong order.

The decal shouldnt change anything, I am gonna remake this lol. I just looked over it and its quite hard to understand even from my eyes so I guess that says something

Alright, when should i expect this remade topic as i need it as soon as its made lol. i can wait though lol.

Ill try to get it done within an hour

Edit: I figured out I wont be able to get this done quick, so if you need something super quickly there are probably other tutorials that you could look at

1 Like