Typing in the script editor is extremely slow in macOS

I thought this was just happening to me. I experience delay by about 2-5 seconds when typing anything in script windows and always takes a second for Studio to recognize that I am in the Studio window for me to start moving around. I can switch tabs to another app and come back and hold W and it won’t move for a second.

I am running Studio on a 2017 iMac Pro
CPU: 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
Memory: 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

@ElijahAppleUser seems to have the perfect fix for this, although I am unsure of the workaround’s compatibility on other devices.

1 Like

Are you talking about the color profile fix?

I have two Apple devices that I run Studio on - a 2020 MacBook Pro and a 2017 iMac Pro, and so far, the color fix has only worked on the iMac. I don’t know why it would not work on the MacBook but it seems like the workaround has limited compatability.

Does your 2020 MacBook Pro have an Intel processor? If so, I don’t see why it wouldn’t perform well.

It does, it’s before the M1 update I believe.

It has onboard a 2.0GHz 10th Gen i5.

I’m not too concerned since I work mainly on my iMac, but switching the profile doesn’t seem to fix it.

This post might be of some help to you.

1 Like

Got it. I’ll try and leave a response since I don’t have access to my Macbook at the moment.

I had the same problem, but when I moved the script window out from the middle, it wasn’t laggy anymore

In regards to that solution, it has worked for multiple people now.

Yes! After many many months of staring at a horrifyingly messed up screen, I’ve had enough courage to change over to sRGB profile. I’m so sick of looking at the normal RGB profile now! I’ve done it. :slight_smile:

Is it better than “Color LCD” or whatever Apple calls it? :sweat_smile:

Indeed this is a disaster. It’s nearly impossible to code on macOS. I’m trying to link Roblox studio to VSC, hopefully that helps.

You could try separating the script editor from Roblox Studio into its own independent window.

Update on my end - I am still using a iMac Pro (2017) and I find that certain games are incredibly unresponsive. Most of Mac users already know, but it’s a hassle when your computer freezes because there is no way to get out of it instead of hard powering it down or pulling out the cord. I was working on a place that crashed 6 times within 2 hours yesterday. Nothing in Studio is laggy (3D Workspace and Script Editors) but it randomly freezes. It does this in the Roblox Player as well. I don’t think it’s my computer, but feel free to ask for my storage amount, etc.

Could it be due to a memory leak?

2 Likes

Not sure. It’s always two specific games that I run a lot. I think as Mac users we all know how stupidly unresponsive they can become, and it happens way too much. I had to hard power down and restart 6 times within a 2 hour time frame. I can try sending you a game link if you want.

Please do so. I would like to test it out.

Sure, here is the link/

Happens around 5 minutes in flying in an actual plane, I have another link to a place I have created, but I’ll make that public later and send it to you.

Could it have something to do with the planes and how fast they’re flying? Maybe it’s related to physics and rendering?

That’s what I figured as well, but it doesn’t happen as much on my MacBook as much as it happens on the iMac Pro, which is weird.