Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

i agree and this update gonna kill small clothing groups buisness

2 Likes

small clothing groups works alot to get profit on time i know because i got my first 10k on clothing sale make a shirt makes like 2 hours for 6 robux this is terrible this update is bad for clothing designers and premium users who bought premium for free clothes
terrible update

2 Likes

if publishing a game ill be cost 100 :robux_gold: Roblox ill lost so much developers no one wont want to be a developer.Same thing with clothings no one wont want to be clothing designer because it illl be so expensive and bots still ill be on catalog because bots have so much profit from old sales this update isnt a good choice to rid bots

3 Likes

Roblox is once again destroying small groups…

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m trying to say. I’m just stating that this update doesn’t make developers and clothing designers comparable, because developers aren’t affected by many fees (if any).

2 Likes

Designers are so overlooked it’s not even worth the effort. Since the beginning, Roblox has failed to protect clothing assets, causing a messy, botted catalog. Additionally, Roblox has done literally nothing to clean up the catalog; you have to spend hours to actually find what you’re looking for. Designers have been fighting for change since 2016 and this was the “best” Roblox could come up with.

Forum '16 • "[How To] Stop Clothing Copying"

I’d like to add that game developers are able to report stolen assets taken from games but designers are unable to do that, although clothing is an asset like any model on Roblox. Not sure where the logic is.

11 Likes

I fail to see what’s the point of this. Then what’s the point of premium? We’ve been paying our own money for what now?

What if we have clients, and we are checking a Trial Run? Or what if we have to upload clothes for someone, this just makes it a pain.

Even as this says, its kinda killing everything that Builders Club users were originally promised, as perks for subscribing.

Even as this says, premium users should deserve a price cut/no pay!

If you keep the 100 ROBUX guidelines, then the only people who can actually upload a lotta clothing to make some revenue would be the super-rich people.

Let’s also not forget how much revenue/profit we’d be able to net for us. What if the shirt doesn’t sell, what if something happens? You just wasted a US DOLLAR putting that one for sale.

Even as this says, maybe just do a verification due to botting, but this fee is really too much. I can’t afford to keep on buying ROBUX, and this really is putting a dent in my plans as well as a lot of other peoples plans.

Exactly, and its not to say that Premium is cheap.

So in conclusion, Please Roblox.

Rethink this whole thing, as this’ll just hurt more developers than you want.

7 Likes

This will make it only possible to upload if you have made enough robux in the past…

We have a complete designer team and now I will have to pay all my designers the fee before getting sales? Strange situation, why would people still buy premium?

1 Like

Thanks, Roblox This Is great I can finally pick some good clothes.

If this fee will be implemented it will make shirts and pants go a lot higher, nobody will sell their clothing for just 5-8 roux anymore as they want to make sure the fee will get payed.

So all items will rise in price back to the time where all items where 71 robux lol.

5 Likes

Roblox this could be a cool feture for people that have premium that basicly makes it the they get a price cut. So you basically make it cheaper for premium members as a feature. It basically just makes it easy for clothing designers to sell more clothes.

2 Likes

Verification systems (email, captcha, etc) have proven time and time again to be ineffective.

3 Likes

The way I see it, this solves a problem by creating two major ones.

First of all, nothing has been done about copying clothing and just republishing it. The same thing is going to happen, and this fee will not change any of that.

Second, the people who aspired to be clothing designers now have to pay money to get there. While I have no problem with the idea I’d be paying a small fee to put up clothing, 100 Robux truly does add up. 10 or 20? There would be no complaints about that (well, maybe some) but my point is that this fee needs to be lowered. This is going to hurt clothing designers more than the bad actors,

Please listen to your community, Roblox.

7 Likes

I don’t even know how to start this… This year, I have noticed that Roblox has been making literally the worst updates. You’re discouraging your players and this is just a mess. Along with that bot statement, bot accounts do have Robux (from what I know of), and that they would be able to do this.

Good job, Roblox- I expect way better updates than this. Also, I completely disagree with all this.

7 Likes

Just going to point this out but when Roblox accidentally released an update for t-shirts uploads to be priced it was a set price of 100 robuxs. seen in this bug report: T-Shirts Suddenly Cost Robux to Put Up for Sale

As I have said many times this is not going to work for small groups trying to start up.

• having to spend Robux to upload clothing. While I see Roblox’s points this is also outrageous.
  • Not being able to spend Robux on ads = fewer sales = does not make a profit back.
  • Since this is supposed to stop botting clothing what’s next having to pay to upload models to the library?

I really hope Roblox Staff listen to the community and here us small group owners that don’t make a 100 a day hear us out.

8 Likes

But, if this was a brand new update right now, what about the small designer’s that barely have Robux, and wants to design, even when they have a premium because they might have spent the Robux without knowing this might be a thing.

3 Likes

Roblox, you do realized this won’t do anything but hurt the clothing community even more right? Because of old sales the bots will just use that Robux to spam more clothing, therefore it won’t help.
And most clothing designers don’t even make that much Robux unless they’re a Youtuber or something.
So this does nothing (In my Opinion).

5 Likes

This is OUTRAGEOUS! Don’t you realize you’re killing small creators this way? It’s already hard to make any profit from clothes, and now we’re even supposed to pay to sell our hard-worked designs? This won’t stop the problem, people who have botted already have thousands or millions of Robux, this won’t change anything. Please listen to us once… I’m a small creator myself, and I can’t afford to pay each time I need to upload a design. Please don’t make it harder on us.

10 Likes

Never have clothing again either.

1 Like

Instead of paying premium, which is like $7 for unlimited uploads, you now have to pay 100 robux for one item upload. That’s 200 robux for an outfit, It costs $5 for 400 robux, so you’re essentially paying $5 for four items of clothing to upload. It really isn’t a “tremendous update” at all.

3 Likes