Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

Yes, the old clothes will keep their 5R$ value. However the new clothes under the new fee will be affected, that’s the point I’m talking about.

With all-do respect, This is horrible, What about the new clothing designers who won’t make much from their clothing? a 50 robux fee is a lot for them, If you want to take a fee out then atleast do it when the clothing surpasses a certain number of sales or a one time pay because that is just horrific.

1 Like

Well it’s finally here. What an absolute shame, and you’ll see the repercussions coming with it soon. Say bye bye! to literally almost every hard-working, original, unique and honest clothing designer on your platform.

This is officially the WORST so-called “feature” that has been rolled out to date.

How am I supposed to continue to work in the clothing industry with this as a small clothing designer… I’m already paying for premium and it seems like this “feature-rich” membership is not so feature rich anymore. I could and would completely understand if premium users could upload clothing for free like normal, and introduce this for non-premium users who don’t wish to pay for a membership, but to force this upon clothing designers like this is just plain right a dirty move on Roblox’s part.

I spend hours per piece creating original clothing and have to spend a ton on ads, and a membership already. How am I going to break even at the least? Not to mention, most of my revenue comes from other people commissioning me. I literally won’t have any business coming in through my main source of Robux revenue and the only place where I found that I could express my creativity and contribute to the community. (Well why don’t I just find something else to do?! Well, it’s not that simple)

Now on top of those who are commissioning me and paying me, are now also having to pay a fee. I already see the boatload of messages coming into my DevForum inbox of clients on my waiting list cancelling, and potential clients scared away and lost for ever.

Now, this is the final straw Roblox… and I know that I won’t make a difference in your money-hungry wallets by leaving Roblox but I cannot continue to take this neglect to myself and other fellow designers in this industry. We already endure enough suffering with the horrible catalogue, and pesky memberships and fees. We already experience neglect when it comes to our intellectual property… and now you through this mess on top of us claiming that it will fix the botting/copying problem and whatever other brainwashing claims you throw at us. YOUR PROBLEM. I say again, your problem that you could have fixed and prevented at multiple stages.

I can’t believe that I am finally saying this but… I’m going to finish my open commissions to those who want me to continue and then I won’t show up on your platform again. (If you think I’m overreacting, so be it. It’s my choice what I spend my money and free time on).

I am not going to continue to throw my money at the Roblox corporation every month. I will not continue to DevEx out and give you a chunk of money from it. I will not continue to play on your platform and view user ads allowing others to give you a chunk of money. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone from the platform, but I think it’ll probably be a long…long… while.

Signing off for most-likely the final time,
Ovadux :pensive:

18 Likes

Go on mobile and purchase the 1 Dollar option (80 Robux)

You gonna do something about this too?

Least fix this up before you force this update on designers.

10 Likes

Well, this didn’t go over well with most people I know.

I don’t see myself benefitting from any of this, so it’s quite disappointing the situation at hand has come to a fee. The only upside from this is that at least it wasn’t the projected 100 Robux fee most people were speculating…

Seems that the only way I can keep my own groups afloat is going to be through spending more money to make money. Don’t like this at all.

Copying won’t die off from this change, and as a designer it seems that I’m only getting punished for creating for the platform. But that’s how it’s always been, yeah?

10 Likes

One of the worst “features”, if you can even call it that, I’ve ever seen be pushed out over my 7 years on the platform. I’m not a clothing designer myself, but 50-100 Robux is way too much just to upload clothing, at least make it cheaper or free for premium users. I’d bet you there’s going to be people who quit clothing design or Roblox in general because of this update.

You may as well just delete the whole category and let users use body colors to customize their avatar at this point. I can see where you’re coming from, but it’s a good idea in theory, but badly, badly executed.

The catalog hasn’t even been cleaned up yet and you’re pushing this out already. Look up “blue” for example, and look at this. Absurd.

You should consider adding a category where every week, Roblox features high-quality, original, and reasonably priced clothing on the catalog.

The community gets to vote every time the featured clothing is refreshed, players can vote on what they want featured next.

Whatever gets the most votes gets featured, as long as it meets the requirements mentioned.

9 Likes

yeah i really thing they should do a survey to collect people’s thoughts about this as they’ve done in the past with other updates. they aren’t preventing what the community wants most, to stop clothing copying ( forgot to send this )

3 Likes

Basically, a lot of people like this update because it will theoretically stop botting and there is no Premium requirement.
But then there is the small portion that are actually clothing designers, but not the big groups that have hundreds of thousands of members and make thousands of Robux, I’m talking about the small groups with maybe a few thousand members that make less than a hundred Robux. These people can’t afford the fee, and will probably have to quit making clothing.
Roblox wasn’t thinking about these small clothing groups when making this update. Either make the fee smaller or remove it altogether. I do think the fee idea can work to stop botting but if Roblox actually makes a decent captcha, then you don’t need the fee.

What the hell? I dont even make 50 robux, on my clothing… so why are you giving us a fee

8 Likes

This update is great for those who are locked away from uploading because preuim, but this makes a HUGE impact on small clothing creators. We barely make 100 in a week. From persnal experience, in a week we could earn 20 robux, and now we have to a pay a fee while we only earn 70% of the sale? This isn’t fair as helpful for small creators. It really just breaks us down a step more.

6 Likes

Bye Roblox maybe after this I might actually quite Roblox bcz Tix got cancel, every thing is getting so much additional fees and God knows what. like if u sale u limited it will take 30% fees. to exchange robux to cash 70% fees . clothing fees 30% and now robux to post shirts.u can’t give away or u will get ban,if u say Toronto u will get ban,and my friend get ban bcz the person who copy his shirt dmca him. One day Roblox will take 10 robux for walking fees ,to run 20 robux ,to jump 40 and to switch game 100 robux

6 Likes

Welp, time to see Roblox’s clothing designing community go downhill :slightly_frowning_face:.

Like seriously, why don’t you guys just ask the community first before making a bad update like this?

Many clothing designers have already quit. Its not gonna get any better. This update is doing more harm to the clothing designing community than it is to the people who steal shirts. As said in the post below me, Roblox is gonna turn into EA games lol. Hopefully making a game in the future wont cost 100 robux.

11 Likes

Roblox but it’s owned by EA

There’s a character limit lol

5 Likes

If it’s available for everyone, why is it pay to upload all previously premium only things? This is just transferring the price, not removing it.

This is actually beneficial to the platform financially. Instead of the baseline price of premium, you could now end up spending more on uploading than if you bought premium. I get this change needs to happen for the goal of making premium more attractive to players than developers, but 50 robux is still quite the investment and you might not end up making that much back, plus it’s going to inflate clothing prices quite a bit.

I mean I like the update,
I can see why people are mad about it.
The Reason I am mad is It feels like i’m paying for nothing when I get premium, Roblox should add more features for premium

Yee thiis getting sad there was a time like in 2009-2015 when Roblox was actually trying now they just want u cash

Yeah. I don’t know about this. I just started creating clothes not too long ago. I also want to make clothes for my own personal use only. I’m not sure if I’m able to keep making clothes with this fee.

1 Like

I think they plan to make premium more and more attractive to players. With this change, now there is literally nothing else in the subscription that would be attractive to developers, however I agree the rest of the premium benefits sound really lackluster. The only cool thing they have left is trading and selling items, which is a good portion of the platform’s economy. I used to complain about the platform’s economy being barred off by premium, but now the only thing it’s blocking is trading+selling.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess I’ll stay on the subscription :man_shrugging: