[URGENT] All Roblox services NOT loading [ROBLOX IS UP]

For about a week now I have been unable to load anything.
I cannot play any games (Including my own).

I thought at first it was that roblox was down, because it looks exactly like it.
Ex. friends not loading, robux showing up as a ?, thumbnails not loading.
My friends are able to play too so obviously roblox is NOT down.

Everything works on my phone just not on my pc, including all my browsers and trying to use a vpn.

Things I have tried so far

• Logging in and out (2FA errors forcing me to use quick login)
  • Clearing cookies
  • VPN
  • Separate browsers
  • Removing all extensions

another thing to note

in my browser console i get loads of errors, which is normal i know, but these are unusual.
im getting errors like “maxAttemptsReached” which makes me think im getting rate limited but i just loaded up into roblox.

PEOPLE WITH THIS ISSUE

If someone with this issue comes across this post please do this

• report the issue to @Bug-Support
  • describe everything that’s happening
  • they will eventually respond

its funny how if i was a bigger dev, that was racking in lots of money for roblox, they would have fixed this ages ago.

they would fix this issue ASAP if i was a protected user. but sadly im not and i don’t make the big bucks for roblox. they don’t care about the common user, obviously this is a multi million dollar company.

22 Likes

You probably should report this to @Bug-Support with as much details as possible. It seems like you have tried most possible fixes for this situation.

5 Likes

Alright thanks for the suggestion I just did that. Hopefully I can get a quick response because this completely locks me out of my acc unable to update any games…

3 Likes

Update

I got pretty desperate and asked reddit.
Seems like I’m not the only one and this is a pretty common issue.
If anyone has any ideas of what this could be please let me know.

Links related to issue (from r/RobloxHelp)

I have also tried disabling firewall, and antivirus, none of which have helped.
Maybe I have missed a step? Not sure, I am completely locked out of my account on pc and unable to update a game which has recently been front-paged…

Update #2

I have tried using my phone hotspot as maybe it is an issue with my home router, no luck there either.
I am completely out of ideas except for only option being a virtual machine. I’m confident that will work but why would I even do that.

My only idea is that this is a new ban feature roblox has implemented. I probably flagged it somehow someway and am permanently HWID/ip/fingerprint banned off of roblox on my pc. Thats really the only thing that would make sense unless its a hidden app on my computer messing with my firewall.

Hopefully someone here on the devforum has any idea of whats going on because I don’t and I doubt 99% of people on here don’t either. Hope to god I get a response from roblox some way or another. I kindof doubt it because if it was a secret new ban feature they would obviously never tell me about it. If I get a response it will most likely be the same old copy and paste.

5 Likes

I have been experiencing the exact same issue for the past 10 days. Like you, roblox works without issues on my phone and laptop using the same network, yet the issue only occurs on my desktop. I have been in constant contact with roblox support for that period of time but have gotten nowhere with response time between emails being anywhere from 24hs - 3 days. I have attempted a multitude of troubleshooting methods all to no avail including but not limited to:

• Shutting down my pc for prolonged periods of time
  • Using all browsers that support roblox (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, OperaGX) aswell as their respective incognito modes
  • Temporarily removing all extensions/add-ons on chrome
  • Reinstalling chrome
  • Resetting chrome settings to default
  • Clearing my temporary files and chrome cache/cookies
  • Using multiple networks including a mobile hotspot
  • Performing a network reset
  • Performing a “clean boot” (Startup where all non-microsoft related services and startup apps are disabled)
  • Booting into safe mode
  • Creating a new desktop user
  • Performing a full system scan using norton (which had 0 threats)
  • Entirely removing my external anti-virus (Norton)
  • Temporarily disabling my firewall and all its features
  • Updating my network’s DNS server address to google’s then performing a DNS cache flush
  • Using chrome’s “use secure DNS” setting and configuring it to google’s
  • Using a multitude of browser extensions to manually add CORS headers and resolve the cors errors (Which resulted in 404 console errors and more CORS errors regarding the preflight requests not having an HTTP ok status)
  • Temporarily disabling chrome’s web security using the “–disable-web-security --disable-gpu --user-data-dir=~/chromeTemp” flag in the app’s properties (Which resulted in the errors: “Failed to load resource: The server responded with an error of 404” in place of the CORS errors)
  • Updating my network drivers, graphics card drivers, BIOS drivers, and system drivers
  • Running a DISM and SFC scan
  • Wasting $40 buying a remote software troubleshooting package with Best Buy’s Geek Squad (The agent in charge of the remote service didn’t speak English)

Additionally, attempting to use the Microsoft store’s version of roblox or the roblox app itself both end up failing to load anything that has an api call to the roblox website effectively preventing me from using them entirely. While roblox studio is semi-functional in offline mode, I cannot access any of my games or game autosaves and anything in studio that involves assets from the website doesn’t load. I have exhausted all forms of troubleshooting I could think of and am contemplating entirely factory resetting my pc.

You should proceed with your virtual machine idea and see if the issue still occurs on it as I’m completely out of ideas and don’t want to factory reset my pc if it won’t even resolve the issue.

4 Likes

Since quite a big amount of people are having this happen to them hopefully something happens or some “light” is put onto it, like a youtuber or something…

Also have you contacted @Bug-Support . They probably won’t do anything either but contact them just incase. They left me on read, and I haven’t gotten a response for 2 days.

I’ll try a virtual machine later, it should work…

I have a feeling since a lot of people have this issue, that it is not on our side, and instead something with roblox. hopefully not a ban.

Trying VM rn…

4 Likes

This works as seen here:

So it is something locally on the PC, or something being detected by roblox (not sure how) on the PC.

2 Likes

Hopefully someone with a Regular rank can report this on #bug-reports because I haven’t gotten a response from @Bug-Support for quite a while, and it says 5 of them have viewed my message.

I think it could also be a MAC address ban, but I do not know how to spoof it. My ISP doesn’t have any features like MAC clone etc. But that could be the culprit.

I am on google fiber and if anyone knows how to spoof your MAC address let me know

3 Likes

Update:
I performed a full factory reset and got roblox working again. This seems to be the only working troubleshooting method avaliable for this issue.

3 Likes

Damn. Thats slightly good news, but I don’t want to redownload everything just to get roblox working. Guess I’m just gonna have to abandon roblox.

3 Likes

This is getting pretty annoying I still don’t have access to roblox for 3 weeks.
I can’t update or work on any games, I can’t even look at anything on the website EXCEPT FOR ADS.
And I am not factory resetting my pc, there has to be another way, theres no way in hell im going to reinstall everything on my pc just to get roblox working again. I’ve never ever seen a bug/issue so bad in my life, unsurprising that its from roblox either.

LOOK HERE FOR EXAMPLES:

THIS IS NO SIMPLE BUG I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL

EXAMPLES (PICTURES) (OPEN ME)

Its pretty much like I got terminated, but everywhere. I can’t do anything I can’t login to different accounts, I can’t create accounts. I can’t do anything there is no fix other than factory reset NOT DOING.

This is an absurd amount of time to wait for a bug this severe to be fixed, it probably will never be fixed i’m honestly not expecting it to ever be fixed I just like to rant about how bad roblox is and this has proven my point to the fullest. I give up.

5 Likes

This is what happens when I try to open a private server link:

2 Likes

its been almost a month and this still hasn’t been addressed. should be on a higher priority due to a good amount of people who have this issue. the problem is most people who do have this issue have no access to devforum, and only the normal support, and we all know how they respond (ctrl c + ctrl v there responses).

i still can’t do anything related to roblox other than the devforum, that is the only website i have access to that is owned by roblox. i cant open any roblox apps, i can’t do anything, roblox isn’t even down, its been about a month.

i don’t know any other way of getting this fixed.

4 Likes

found someone on downdetector with the same issue, this really needs to be put higher on roblox’s priority or else they’re gonna see a drop in players.

i’ve seen multiple helpless people with this issue. there could be many more that don’t say anything and just have 0 access to roblox. this needs to be spread more because it won’t get fixed if it isn’t. big companies only fix stuff that affects a lot of people and it is, its affecting a lot of people.

what is mainly happening

this is what i see
everything on roblox is responding with 404
i get 404’s everywhere
404 is spammed in the console of roblox

3 Likes

Okay another update to the situation.
I spoofed my MAC address to see if maybe it was a MAC address ban. It was not… kinda wish it was so i could get access again but it was not.

also just for clarification this WHOLE article did not work one bit

this is a seriously strange bug

1 Like

anyone have any clue of why this is happening. its still been happening and i still cant access roblox

1 Like

At this point, you should either contact Roblox Support (no guarantees that you’ll get a helpful answer), or message @Bug-Support .

1 Like

I have messaged both of them, Roblox Support just told me to restart my pc, and @Bug-Support just reposted my problem on #bug-reports. I still don’t have a fix after 30+ days of waiting.

1 Like

Perhaps specify the fixes that you tried. If they give a response that has the gist of “we can’t help you anymore”, ask them to forward your query to an engineer who is more involved in maintaining the website.

That’s what I did when I contacted Support regarding Hyperion.

1 Like

I have and they just told me to the same fixes I already tried. Then they told me to do an internet speed test. Still waiting on another response.

1 Like