ViewportFrames PostEffect support

I would like to have support for use of PostEffects (such as BlurEffect and BloomEffect) within ViewportFrames.
As of right now, you can place a BlurEffect inside the currentCamera in the workspace and you will get a blurred view.
However, if you try this with the currentCamera of a ViewportFrame, nothing will happen.
This feature would be nice as it would allow for me to (in combination with UIGradient) to choose what parts of the screen are blurred or is color corrected (for instance, have the edges of your vision blurred when damaged) and would also allow for more interesting UI design like having a locked item blurred out and have it become unblurred once unlocked.

21 Likes

Yeeeesss pleeease. Right now we are manually calculating and adjusting color correction for viewports in Adventure Up for each and every part/decal, and:

1. It doesn’t look quite right
  2. It adds literally a second to startup time because of the amount of items we have

This feature would be amazing.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, this would also be useful for translucent GUIs that you can see through, but it’s blurred, but only behind the window and not in the rest of the screen. (think the task-bar in windows 7)