War Of Worlds DevLog #1 - A Unique Game in the Works!

A Unique Game

Hey there! I have had the idea to create a game like this for about a year now and I started working on the first proof of concept about 3 months ago. I can proudly say I am finished! I will now start the work on a new game of which I am currently making which will be the testgame.

Premise

The game is about 3 factions that fight over a planet. The three factions are ASHAWAY(Magical), INFRACTION(Militaristic) and VINDICROY(Technological)The planet has the resource called LUNGURIUM which is used to give boosts to the players stats.

The premise of the test game is that it is held within simulated space. It is just going to be a capture the flag/TDM TPS.

Gameplay

What makes this game unique is that there is a three way battle that is happening between three very different factions with different playstyles and different abilities.

Vindicroy

"The future is wider than vision and has no end."

Play the Proof of concept:https://www.roblox.com/games/6692726430/Walker-Alpha

The Vindicroys specialize in technology. Their weapons reflect this. They have mastered the use of Gravity Fields, and have formidable weapons. All their “Robots” are controlled by an AI called Ktora. You take the role of controlling one of the many different War Robots defending the homeland.

Ashaway

"Empire is power in trust."

Play the Proof of concept: https://www.roblox.com/games/6790733071/Pawn-Class-Magic

The Ashaways specialize in magic. They have formidable spells that can bend reality including make portals, stopping time and levitating. I intend to improve the spells so that they are used less and feel more immersive. Their Empirical and outdated technology will show in the clothes and gear that they use

Infraction

''Only in death does duty end.''

Play the proof of concept: https://www.roblox.com/games/6752007735/Mark-1-Droid

The Infractions are a militaristic faction. They pride themselves in war and combat. The game play is featured around the ability to control Agents or Units to follow commands like move, shoot or even mount vehicles. Damage, Speed and Health is relative to the amount of units you have. In the future Agents can perform actions like camp, self destruct, take cover, build and more!

Closing remarks

Of course, this will all take time to complete however I am hoping that you can give me ideas feed back and a mental boost so that I might be able to finish this game.

Hopefully you can support me on this long journey by following these update and giving feedback! Thanks for reading :smiley:

7 Likes

This seems cool, just a thing…you need to work a bit more on the first one because I’m following that project by the first time you posted the first prototipe, you need to improve the legs.

2 Likes

Yes. Actually, I postponed the first one because I was working on the other two factions. In the final game will come with a bunch of improvements to the movements and feel. I might add probly a maximum of 3 special moves too.

1 Like

While i was playing the legs would spaz out a lot.

I kinda went under the map after climbing on a object.

Good game tho

1 Like

For the soldiers it’d be cool if u could tell them to pull out knives for melee, crouch, crawl, throw grenades or hide behind a wall. Also for the time stopping it would be cool if instead if its possible creates a bubble around the player that has slowed down time so u could basically trap players in time or smth like that.

Believe it or not they are all suggestions I have thought about doing!

Soldiers definitely will be given grenades and have melee. Not sure about hiding behind the wall as I am not too sure on how to implement that yet.

The time stopping one is definitely going to be limited to a “sphere of influence”

Thanks for your input!

1 Like

btw in the testing for the walker u can shoot urself lol and if there are enough humanoid under you and u destroy them you go under the map.

Ah right well If you might have seen in the testing DevLog I released the updated version of the walker.

The controller there is much better than when I started out.

1 Like

A cool feature for the walker would be like the enemy team could disable by destroying the legs but then u could jump out of it as a pilot and continue in the fight even after you lose your walker and maybe somehow you could make it so the other teams could hijack a walker but it would change color depending what team hijacked it.

1 Like