Weekly Recap: October 7 - 11, 2024

Hi Everyone,

We’re back again with the weekly recap! This recap gathers all of our announcements and updates from the Developer Forum into one convenient post. By doing so, we hope it’s easier for you to stay up-to-date on the latest news and developments from Roblox.

We will keep information at a high level within these recaps. For more information or to leave feedback, please comment in their official announcements.

As a reminder, we will eventually lock these posts and direct conversations to their specific forum threads. However, this post will be left open to gather feedback on how we can improve the weekly recap.

Thank you.

Announcements & Updates

New Player Emulator Features: Pseudolocalization and Text Elongation

• To make localization QA easier we’ve added two new features to the Player Emulator!

• Pseudolocalization: This swaps out characters with similar, but different enough characters so that it’s easy to identify what strings are going through our Localization system.

• Text Elongation: This elongates strings by a factor you define. There’s a little logic built in to try and keep the text “readable”, so if it’s possible, vowels (and emojis) are preferred characters to duplicate.

Sunsetting User-to-User Inbox Messaging

• We are now moving the sunset to October 29, extending the timeline to allow three more weeks before the change occurs.

• Inbox Messaging will still be used for Roblox to send system messages to users, including information about updated policy and platform changes. Prior user messages will still be accessible as Read-Only.

• Messaging between friends will remain available via other communication features; read below for more details.

Introducing Price Optimization: Find The Best Prices For In-Experience Items and Passes

• Price optimization is now available for experiences that have at least 100,000 transactions in the last 30 days. This is because our price testing models require large enough samples of data to be accurate and useful.

• Price optimization uses advanced testing to analyze user behavior and transactions within your experience.

• This feature will recommend optimal prices for your in-experience items and game passes, helping you maximize revenue without sacrificing user engagement.

Analytics: Top selling and grossing plugins and models for Creator Store

• Creator Store analytics are now available for plugin and model creators.

• If you have plugin or model items, you can see it in action here.

Release Notes

Deprecated Web Endpoints

Creator Store Assets Endpoint

• We will be deprecating the old purchasing endpoint for Creator Store assets on October 23. Since we launched real-world currency (USD) pricing for Creator Store assets, we have disabled Robux purchasing through this endpoint and have replaced this with a newer API.

Profile PlayerAssets Endpoint

• We are deprecating the profile playerassets endpoint on November 1. It fetches showcased assets created by a user. It has been moved to a new endpoint.
126 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 5 minutes.

The New Player Emulator topic link gives me a page not found error

38 Likes

whoops - that’s my bad! Link has been fixed :+1:

37 Likes

I understand you guys are removing this feature, but are you planning to have a different messaging service on Roblox that you would be able to contact anyone as I use my messages to take bug reports on my game and or answer questions players have. An idea would be to allow developers to only be able to have the messages. I understand we have the chat, but that means having to friend anyone who wants to message me to report a glitch or ask a question.

43 Likes

Love these Weekly Recaps they just show how much effort and dedication they put into the game I just love it

36 Likes

Everything looks alright, but sunsetting user messages is about the worst decision I’ve seen ROBLOX make since the marketplace update. Seriously, who greenlit this? So many better, less destructive, and less actively detrimental ways to do this.

Otherwise, I’m liking what these last few weeks have had for us.

27 Likes

And for the people who already have the max 1,000 friends, that means having to unfriend people just so someone else can talk to you. There probably isn’t a lot of people that have the max amount right now, but if sending a message requires you to add friends then there’s gonna be a lot more.

28 Likes

Regarding Endpoints (Web API Endpoint docs are all returning 404).

28 Likes

Yeah they should have at least made a revamped version or something like that before removing it

16 Likes

We will finally be able to track like UGC creators god damn !

19 Likes

15%-30% raise to DevEx would be very helpful to developers :slight_smile:

15 Likes