What are you working on currently? (2019)

More work on the new camera! Now with a lot more stability and stuff. Watch until the end for an epic drift.

9 Likes

Added some much needed detail to the Stars menu screen in the form of planets mirroring those seen in the game thumbnail.

Thumbnail:

Scenery:

Scenery + UI:

(Thanks to XAXA for help with the high-poly planet meshes)

8 Likes

Auto-generated gadget thumbnails with outlines :smiley:

8 Likes

Auto generated? You mean viewportframes :thinking:

Yes using viewportframes that are overlaid on each other

2 Likes

Day 2 of sculpting dragon boi.

7 Likes

A game where you build an airship type thing and fight other players with it. Hereā€™s what I have so far:

17 Likes

I recently released the second Friday Update for Blox. There wasnā€™t much new content (it was more bugfixes and performance) but there was diamond blocks. So, of course:

(also, did someone change how image sizing works? I donā€™t like the new behaviour; please revert)

5 Likes

Made a simple, but cool steam whistle for my showcase! It plays at random times every 20 to 80 seconds.

12 Likes

Is it me or does it sound like someone blowing very softly into a flute?

1 Like

It sounds like that only because itā€™s difficult for computer speakers to pump out 90 db

1 Like

Day 3 of sculpting dragoon boi.

Need to do some work on the hands to make them less human, but its getting there! Soon I can move onto sculpting armors ^w^

4 Likes

Soonā„¢, again. I think the text plugin Iā€™m working on is pretty much done.

23 Likes

Thank you XAXA, very cool!

In all seriousness, this seems very cool. I really like all these plugins youā€™re making. It makes developing easier for everyone :smiley:

Didnā€™t you make a text plugin before though? Not complaining or anything but Iā€™m just asking.

Yep. This one:

This is a remake of that one.

3 Likes

Amnesia vibes, canā€™t wait to see how it turns out :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Added in a new line for my little simulation.
Also, hereā€™s the current map so far:

Key
White = Starting point of line
Black = Line
Red = Ending point of line

You can check it out here: https://www.roblox.com/games/3256179201/Subway-Simulation

1 Like

This will be very helpful in the future. Nice work.

1 Like

Since I had to re-install all of my Studio plugins, I figured Iā€™d remake my old ones to make them more usable and efficient. First one is Script Template Manager, and it lets you set what the default script contents are. You can also enable/disable it, and all settings persist between Studio sessions. I also finally figured out how to auto-fill the creation date, which will save a lot of time in the future.
ScriptTemplateEditor
If I come back to this in the future Iā€™d like to add more autofill options (username, game name, etc.) and seperate templates for server/local scripts and module scripts.

5 Likes

Been working on a pure Lua raycaster for Blox which operates directly on the block data. Compared to the old method of using FindPartOnRay, this fixes so many issues and edge cases and runs much smoother. It also makes the code much cleaner and makes raycasts possible on the server, since parts are only generated on the client side for performance.

Blocks now have bounding boxes separate from their rendered models:

Half slabs are now outlined correctly, and they behave as expected, letting you place slabs on the side of slabs, and properly place blocks on top of slabs:

Most importantly, placing blocks through liquids now works perfectly, whereas before it was almost unpredictable:

export2%20(2)

The best part is how simple the code is! Hereā€™s the snippet doing that raycasting, pasted without changes:

local position, block, normal, hit = Raycast:cast(Placer.clientWorld, origin, direction, Placer.blockHitDistance)

No raycasting multiple times or converting between block and stud units, just one call! This will make everything so much easier to build in the future, from detecting noclip in the entity system to tracing explosions with TNT. Of course, this will all get even faster with the new Lua VM, so hype :smile:

12 Likes