ThreeDText Plugin: Generate 3D text quickly!

Version 2 of the plugin has been out for a while now! I would recommend checking that thread out instead! Here:

Original thread:

I wrote a plugin which generates 3D text. Unlike other plugins (that I know of), this plugin also spaces out text automatically!

Currently, it only supports ArialBold, SourceSansBold and Highway. It uses TextService:GetTextSize() to lay out each letter (it’s not perfect, but it’s gets pretty close). Because I’m using GetTextSize() ,any fonts I add in the future may only be Roblox fonts.

The plugin also only supports A-Z, a-z, 0-9, comma, period, ?, !, ", ', and & characters. Since I do have to create and upload each mesh manually, I can’t support all characters, sorry!

Demo:

Link;

51 Likes

Thanks for this!
Until now I’ve been using another 3D text generator which was really buggy - I ended up having to manually position every letter but this seems to work well without a hitch!

10 Likes

Do you plan to make Helvetica an option? All of the meshes are already on the site.

2 Likes

Since I use :GetTextSize to space the letters, I can’t use Helvetica.

Arial is pretty close to Helvetica, though. I might have to do that next.

3 Likes

This is great. May I suggest maybe having a section where you can specify how many studs you want between each letter?

1 Like

Added ArialBold. I also added the option to add spacing (tracking) in between each character:

3 Likes

This is a fantastic plugin!

The one question I have though, will you enable users to create their own fonts, through the use of changing the MeshID?

I think that’d be an amazing feature to have. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hey there, really nice plugin! I can finally write in 3d with it.

The plugin also only supports A-Z, a-z

Somehow the O doesn’t work for me. The plugin I’m using is valid and from your link.

No matter what feature I mess around with, the O and the o just doesn’t show up. Is it my problem, a bug, or just something is wrong?

3 Likes

Works for me.

Might just be meshes failing to load for whatever reason.

Not sure if this is a guaranteed fix, but try enabling “ReloadAssets” in your settings and restarting studio.

1 Like

you probably wont see this considering your activity, but have a good cake day

3 Likes

Hi, so I was wondering if there is a way to put more fonts in or are we limited to the current fonts.

Go check it out :wink:

1 Like

The old version of ThreeDText isn’t available anymore. They’re already probably using ThreeDText 2.

No, you can’t upload your own fonts.

1 Like

How would I get it to be as vibrant of a neon as shown in the preview, I’ve changed material to neon but it doesn’t light up like in the preview?

Either:

• The color of the part is too dark.
    • Make the color brighter so that the neon has the glow effect.
  • Your render quality in studio is too low.
    • You can enter Play Solo and then turn the in-game quality up to check if it looks right.
    • You can also turn up the EditQualityLevel in studio settings.

There’s an updated thread for this plugin, btw. This thread was for V1.

1 Like

I’m using V2, my bad for posting here didn’t realize I was in the wrong thread. I know it’s not render quality because I’ve got it on max. Here are pics of the 3D text, are the colors not bright enough?

I will use this! I am starting to try GFX, and this will help me mark my work. Thanks!

Hello I have a questions,can i use the fonts cuz they have copyright or not?

the fonts I included should be free to use in your game :>

2 Likes

Can we Roboto Mono support? Would be useful.