What are you working on currently? (2021)

Expanded terrain, road alike

15 Likes

This gives me Subnautica vibes, I love it!

1 Like

Guys tell me what do add to this event place

7 Likes

Making an ease-of-access third-person character controller for use in any future projects.

0c65vKJIqo

There’s a lot behind the scenes that I need to unpack, but the gist is that most parts of the tool controllers are separated in a way that allows for more control without causing spaghetti code or an intense amount of coding. There’s a central module that controls the most basic things, like the actual equipping of different items and the creation of the tool rig, and its translation functions that allows it to do any ‘use’ function from a preselected keybind, such as the two mouse buttons, some keyboard buttons like R and F, and other buttons. Still working on mobile support.

I also intended on making everything translate very well over the client and server boundary. Your movements will always instantaneously appear on the client, but it will translate properly for other players as well.

V7eJk0NqM4

What makes this more interesting is that the keybind system is completely customizable aswell. This makes it easier for players to set keybinds, along with making it a bit easier to update on other platforms.

The main things I want to show up is the animation work I’ve been doing. Primarily, it’s a system that uses two different animations to create a very neat looking animation for looking at your mouse. Because this is all preset from premade animations, it adds a bit more customizability and flavor to your weapon of choice.

Mhgff3WkAS
Small note that the character you’re seeing right now isn’t a the default character. I’ve adjusted the default Roblox rig a bit so that I have more customizability on how different parts of it react to movement, like the arms and the torso.

The main magic behind this is that I have two different client-sided AnimationControllers on the side, and I give them the different spin animations. I set the time position depending on what direction the mouse is from the player, and then I translate the transform property over to the joints C0/C1 properties. It’s hacky, but it works well. If the arm has to extend too far to reach the mouse position (simple angle check), then the root part will adjust the cframe aswell.

(Made visible as an example. This normally isn’t visible in-game.)

I’ve also been practicing my animation a bit, and I think it reflects over with the gun that I used as an example. Model was made by another person I’m working with, though.

I’ve also been making 4-direction animations for movement, with blending on the side. It results in a somewhat realistic looking strafe system.

gif2

gYoyMrh1V0

This sword isn’t nearly finished, but I thought it would be cool enough to share. Shows off customizability in the player’s idle and movement animations.

50 Likes

just used messed with archimedes 2 and made this… somehow

16 Likes

Mm2 thumbnail creation!

With fire effects

Normal version

Hire me here: P4A | Graphic Designer

9 Likes

Why not put an invisible part spanning across its surface, and turn the fan cancollide off? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

working on revamping my old game with @SplashModel

JToH+wallrunning & dashing + more speedrunning focused is basically the game lol

13 Likes

I made an icon for my game with little knowledge about GFX and editing. Honestly, I’m really proud of it :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I don’t blame ya, but it’s actually based off of Tokyo Revengers :smile:

1 Like

update on this:

its coming nicely :slightly_smiling_face:

31 Likes

I designed UGC for @PancakesNSyrup21!
Portfolio: [CLOSED] 4 Years Experienced Programmer, Builder

20 Likes

I love it, so cool. I am curious though:

1. How did you get it to highlight different parts of it
  2. How did you calculate it, using Raycasting?
2 Likes

Some screenshots of the game I designed for @WinterWizard7
Portfolio: [OPEN] 3 Years Experienced Programmer, Builder

7 Likes

Gas station build!

20 Likes

How is a car going to get to the other side of the pump?

4 Likes

I updated my showcase a bit to help with lag. Here are some extra angles I thought were cool.

Play here:

37 Likes

Roblox has been pretty dry lately, so I’ve just been scripting dumb things like this:

How did I do this?

I created four rigs, and applied a humanoid description for each one, with player IDs that I chose. In that same script, I made the character do the default dance animation.

10 Likes

Dining room of a mansion.

22 Likes

wow nice add laterns and stuff