What are you working on currently? (2023)

I’ve started noticing how iffy that trees tend to look in Roblox games (specifically low-poly ones), so I mainly looked at the trees here. Overall, I think these are better than the average ones.

Additionally, I like how there’s a texture/material on these trees, instead of unnatural smooth plastic! I’ve tried using materials on low poly trees and it makes them look better.

🌳Oak(?) tree

I like your original take on the leaves on the…main tree, hexagons. That kind of tree is the one that tends to look the worst to me in low poly with the weird “blob” of leaves, but your hexagon pattern makes it clear they’re meant to be the tree’s canopy. Speaking of that tree, I like how from the second screenshot’s camera angle, it reminds me of Animal Crossing games.

🌲Pine tree

The flat shading works well with the texture. Also, there’s two variants.

🌴Palm tree

The fronds have good rounded edges on them.

I know, I’m probably cluttering up this topic and should actually post anything that I’m working on, but I’m not making anything at the moment. I’ll stop reacting to earlier posts until I do…

4 Likes

I am creating a tower defense game.
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 1.46.55 PM

8 Likes

Working away one building at a time… at random. ADHD is both a blessing and a curse.

35 Likes

Hey everybody! New year, new me…??

I dont like that saying because I’ve stayed the same for the most part, besides what I’m working on, by a lot.
Last year, I was working on a building system.

I’ve improved a lot since then, mainly because I’ve actually taken the time.

This:

is now this:

It’s far from done atm (version 3), but I continue to work on it most every day and inch closer. I also have over 20 plugins I plan on making it.

Besides that, I’ve been up to improving my general Python and Lua skills, because Lua can only take me so far. Including an invnetory system, live events, and more. The last time I tried making a live event, it flopped infront of 2000 players, so I really need to improve myself on :grimacing:

13 Likes

Is this an available plugin of some sort? It’s like a master panel sort of thing

2 Likes

Well, half.

Yes, it’s available, but only v2. v3 is still in development.

You can still get the live v2, and the public beta of v3.

Right now, the plugins I will showcase in the post (advanced ban pro, live announce, etc) are all unavailable because the plugin API in the v3b1 (version 3 beta 1) isn’t the same that these plugins use. When I can manage to get widgets up, I’ll publish beta 2 and put it in testing. I’ve already deployed the plugins to large games at scale and they’re all holding up well, so I cant wait to get it out to the public :slight_smile:
It’s still quite rough as of right now lol

6 Likes

What do you mean by

?

1 Like

I made a live event and didn’t test it very well, and it took 4 live attempts to work, and was very buggy. Crashed a few times too

1 Like

Noooo, that’s sad, hope you are gonna be able to create some good ones!

2 Likes

My showcase «Abandoned Factory» started in 2020, posted it in last year’s WAYWOC, but I am still working on it currently.

Images - Abandoned Factory

There’s also «Forbidden Zone», which is a companion place to «Abandoned Factory», Not as much work is being done there though.

Images - Forbidden Zone

I can’t believe how popular Abandoned Factory has become, with hundreds of visits per week ever since I’ve remade the map, it’s my first place to hit 4k visits and not even a month after, 5k visits!

This is a small feat compared to other games, but as a showcase developer, that’s quite an explosion!

10 Likes

I have now got back into building environments. Currently now in the process of adding onto a small scene i made (shown below) into a full on map.

I have also discovered a new style i like which involves mixing triangle terrain with low poly stuff.

15 Likes

I am almost done with my game! I got the first monster complete, the next one will require light to avoid.

13 Likes

This looks great! I would love to see it as an actual game

2 Likes

The tides have changed… ! !
creations are not in order so scroll to see even cooler builds!

Almost everything I made in 2022/2023 is here, I have come so so far and I am really proud.
I currently am working as a builder for a game studio and once the game releases I will post some more of my work here, but for now I get to show this one:

the graphics are tweaked from the game (i like future lighting better lol) so no promises.
these are the things I made beforehand for the studio to get accepted on top of my portfolio which you can see here and at my carrd ([AmazRobo.carrd.co] (https://amazrobo.carrd.co))

This was my 2022 year builds, so not including things I made this year: 2022 Creations Feedback
Thank you for reading, I hope to greater improve my skills throughout this year.

35 Likes

Me and my team (Catsolex Studios) are working on v2.0 (aka the New Universe, or the Trading Update) of Find the Faces! It will include trading, a completely new map, a special map for private servers (which will be on our own private server system, not the Roblox one), new faces, “skins” of faces, and much more!

5 Likes

The most important project that I am working on is something called “Connected Servers”.

To give an explanation in a nutshell to what it is.

On the left we have the player he is all alone because the game is single player but with Connected Servers next to the left the player can see their friend(s) (Red Player), but they are AI Bots instead and every move their real friends make the AI Bot will replicate.

Does this give benefits?

Absolutely yes, when you are in a single player and let’s say you use an exploit that gives you a cool minigun you can shoot out of but there’s nobody in the server only you basically meaning that you cannot ruin other players experience.

The AI Bots will only appear if you have a friend or friends not random players so you cannot see a possible exploiter flying around this gives you total freedom.

There are some disadvantages like lost engagement time and not earning Robux, and most importantly not an integrated Mouse Input system for it but I will most likely make one.

So Connected Servers can technically be classified as an anti-cheat.

Connected Servers will likely be released in February 10-13th this year to the public and be available to everyone!

More news on this soon.

(Do note that friends being required is subject to change and may be removed before being released.)

7 Likes

Are you abusing MessagingService?

1 Like

I am actually using DataStoreService for this.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you just get rate limited by too many requests be sent/fetched? I don’t understand why using a data saving singleton was ever an option.

I am changing a value based on the Player’s position so I don’t think it would get rate limited.