What are you working on currently? (2024)

Interior Abandoned Warehouse

29 Likes

Giving the player an ability to shoot particles and materials in The Powder Box.

17 Likes

You made the powder box?!?!? WOW! Great job, I can’t wait to shoot particles/fire/lava out of my hands now. Will you be able to change how much material you shoot out at a time?

3 Likes

11 Likes

been working on a number of things, one of which being a programmable syntax parser - im using it as a base to create an XML parser, though it could theoretically be used to describe any kind of plaintext based parsing

the XML parser is part of a bigger project of mine, which is creating an SVG renderer that uses the new EditableImage class for displaying the rasterised data - im planning on using this for UI stuff, specifically for creating mipmaps and such

will release if i ever get around to finishing it

2 Likes

I started making my first attempt at a dialogue module.

It includes;

• Typewriting styled appearance
  • Adaptive sounds
  • Character and personality dependent on who is talking
  • Click-To-Skip feature
  • Dialogue bubble with smooth animations and colors

Pretty happy of the stage it’s at currently, and I intend to work further on it to add more features and fine-tune it where necessary.

I made a documentation of how I made this in the following topic. Feedback and/or constructive criticism is appreciated.

6 Likes

We will always remember the brave stick man who died trying to put out a fire by shooting foam out of his face.

Seriously though, I love the Powder Box. I dare say it’s one of the most well-made games on Roblox. I don’t care that SandBox copied it and has more players. I am loyal to the original.

Keep up the great work Ethan! :100:

6 Likes

Currently working on a detailed windmill which players can interact with nearly anything. Planning to turn this place to a fully interactive town with NPCs if I have enough patience and motivation.

3 Likes

I have developed an exploration game specified in memory and remember patterns (disappointing start to the beginning of the year)

2 Likes

nobody knows. nobody knows

3 Likes

Working on a 2D platformer game since early 2023, I plan on actually finishing it this time, it’s called Jack Inside a Dream (I forgot why I called it that way)

This game is inspired by Rayman games and Geometry Dash, both being some of my favorite games. I wanted to add some fun mechanics to spice up the gameplay, like:

• Walking on moving surfaces and dashing your way to another surface
  • Dodging obstacles from other surfaces
  • The “Swing” which allows you to spin and dash to another direction, you have to time your launch
  • The “Orb” which allows you to dash in the middle of the air
  • Many enemies that you have to kill in order to progress, including boss fights
  • Many maps to check out, includes side-quests
  • Multiplayer on the same device, planning on allowing 3 players at least

I want to add more more things after release, like map building, but I doubt I will be able to release that on time, here is a trailer and pictures:

I want to add as many things as possible that could possibly improve the game, so ideas and feedback would be appreciated.

12 Likes
4 Likes

New bus pack for the ÖPNV-Simulator.

14 Likes

basically wanted to create a sort of old school arcadey platformer obby type game - fun, non offensive, just an all round feel good game. I am currently implementing bonus items and a speed run mode - my son is learning Luau so the coding has got better and better with every level - try it out! Oh, and the doors to exit each level will eventually require keys that the player earns through collecting points.

4 Likes

Currently working to get the airline from me and my friend running. Not easy since not all the airports are done yet…

2 Likes

I remember playing the original Powder Game when I was younger, and it’s really cool that you recreated it! Looks good so far :3

2 Likes

210 Npcs

I still need to get the touched event up and running for battles, but when i am finished, it should be able to handle 100 or so Npcs

2 Likes

publicize once more pls (i didnt have a chance to play)

2 Likes

I’m publicizing it now. Sorry about that!

1 Like

imageimageimageimageimage

What’s special about your game? (no hate :wink:)

1 Like