Why can't we use the MeshId to archive a mesh?

Hi there!

I’ve tried to archive an old mesh of mine that got leaked but I found out that the MeshId from the mesh in Roblox studio doesn’t have an archive option. After some scrolling down at the “My creations” section at meshes, I finally found the original mesh with the option to Archive the mesh.

Mesh that only can be found at the “My Creations tab” that has the option to archive it:

MeshId from a mesh in Roblox studio:

Why do developers like me have to scroll past thousands of meshes to archive it instead of just using the MeshId number that we get provided at the properties tab in Roblox studio?

4 Likes

Hello!
Have you tried using the new Creator Dashboard?
It seems to have a little more options in my opinion.

I hope this helps!
Development Items > Meshes > (Right click on the mesh you want to archive) > (you should see a red text button saying “Archive”).

1 Like

Hi!

No, I haven’t but long story short you still have to search past thousands of meshes in the Creator Dashboard till you find the vehicle mesh you want to archive.

1 Like

I agree, this is seriously needed. I have meshes I want to archive but they don’t show up in my inventory because I imported them through the Avatar Importer plugin in studio. So, even if I wanted to scroll through my inventory full of meshes to find the right one, I can’t. All I have is the RenderMesh link, and I can’t do anything with it. I even searched through like 1000 consecutive asset IDs trying to find the actual page so I could archive them, and didn’t find it (Avatar Importer is weird and doesn’t upload meshes properly I guess.) In general, the process of getting one ID from another, not just for meshes, but decals, clothing, etc is extremely tedious if not impossible. I hope in the future there is a solution for this.

5 Likes

there is literally no solution
my meshes just got stolen and some guy is gonna turn them into an asset pack and sell them to people and I could only archive a few of them because they don’t show up in dashboard
this is because of the avatar importer which is very VERY stupid, and this should be fixed so no you can’t find these meshes in dashboard
they NEED to fix this

1 Like

I actually need this so bad. My meshes got stolen, and i can’t archive them. this NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

1 Like

Day two of bumping. //////////

Day three of bumping. ////////

bumping this topic again because meshes are so easily stolen and need a way better way of being archived. 1 by 1 is so time consuming and using the creator dashboard scrolling through every page, you can’t even search a page number.

4 Likes

bumping, please please PLEASE give us the ability to search or archive from the library page !!!

2 Likes

Bump. Still literally no fix, nor solution. Roblox added “Images” in the new Development Items, which weren’t there before, but you can’t even archive them.

1 Like

Bump, I still need to archive my mesh.

Can this please get fixed asap? Got over 3,000 meshes uploaded. How are we supposed to efficiently archive meshes when we need to scroll through each single mesh every time just to archive 1 mesh?!