Working on a Mars Project is there any advice or feedback I could use improve it further?

Make your own skybox, this one have clouds and stuff, a bit unrealistic

1 Like

nice atmosphere and lighting!! i like your materials too. you should add more craters/hills to make the terrain look less repetitive and flat. the chips of rock are a littleee too much

2 Likes

I’m using ROBLOX clouds service for the skybox.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I did initially think the rocks and pebbles were a bit much and I will most likely scale it back a bit.

1 Like

Yes but this isn’t Mars skies, but Earth. I seriously suggest you to make/buy a better skybox that shows the space but also with the dusty atmosphere

1 Like

I recommend this plugin.

1 Like

Possibly, although, the skies of Mars don’t really show stars because of how thick and dusty it is. If you are referring to this due to the angle of where the sun is positioned it’s purely like that in order to get the accurate/preferred Sun hue.

1 Like

I’ll check it out, seems interesting.

1 Like

It’s not bad and I actually like it, but there seems to be a bit to many of those fragments of those rocks on the ground. Maybe you could vary their shapes or just get rid of some of them.

me when someone uses mars lightning but its supposed to look like earth :rage: :rage: :rage:

Mars has perfectly visible clouds

3 Likes

Yes, I can definitely try and up the rock size variation and likely lower the density. Although, there are indeed areas on Mars that have this high density of rocks. The orientations for all of the rocks are completely random both vertically and horizontally and I’m using 15 different low poly rock meshes.

1 Like

No but this lighting is too Earthy

lol

i guess, the sun makes it seem very earthy but its also kinda realistic that way
for refrence, these are pictures of martian sky

2 Likes

wow nice the land looks cool.

1 Like

Have you tested it to see how it runs on lower end devices? It looks very good but most players on Roblox don’t have a very high end computer, so making sure they can still play the game with minimal lag is very important.

I also recommend you try the game with lower graphics and see if it still looks good (although it will look worse, but just make sure it doesn’t look a lot worse) because, as I’ve said before, most players don’t have very good computers and probably play with lower graphic settings.

Anyways, it looks great and it’s clear you have put quite the effort into researching how mars looks, good work!

1 Like

Wow, this is excellent. I’d say to remove the clouds in your skybox. You should also use pictures from the Mars curiosity rover expedition to enhance the realism.

Scientifically speaking, mars doesn’t have that much of a dense atmosphere. You should tone it down a bit, because at the moment it looks like some kind of dust storm (unless you’d like it to be that way).
Instead, have a grayish blue sky accompanied with very light orange fog.

Finally, add some gray into the rocks instead of all red, that’s usually what the surface of mars looks like.

On the other hand, this looks spectacular and beautiful. I’d give it a 10/10 if it had some more realism.

Fantastic job!

And remember, this is totally up to you. Anything said here are just suggestions!

1 Like

Thank you, I’m running the Map on Intel Iris right now just to test it and seems to runs very smooth. I am planning on adding a chunks loader and extensive graphics menu to attempt to mitigate any performance loss. I can also foresee the rocks being an issue in the future as each one is full PBR. Although, they are very low poly all 15 different rocks models together are only 4k tris.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing partially, I may tone down the effects a bit as it looks very hazy. This could also partially be due to the color correction modifier I’m using.

1 Like

Interestingly, it looks almost exactly this if I turn off color correction.