Would a camera app be possible?(in-game phone)

If the images arent moving it would be fine, so long as you load them in one at a time properly rather than all at once with no wait times

thx i might try it also can i have an example of how i would save the parts?

Sure, heres part of a plane model that i saved

This is turning parts into text and back again
The script to turn it into text is 3.5k lines of code
The script to turn it back is also 3.5k lines of code

Notes / Performance

Here are some important considerations for creating viewport frames:

• Each viewport frame will create a texture for rendering. The texture has a max size limit, so if the frame is too big, the contents may look blurry.
  • The viewport will only update when its children (camera or objects within) are changed.
  • Moving a viewport’s physical children is less performant than keeping them static. If you need to update the view, it’s better to move the camera than move the parts/models.
  • A viewport frame is not designed for rendering a large number of complex objects — it may be slow if you put too many objects inside.
  • Objects inside viewports will be rendered using a fixed lighting setting, although more options may become available in the future. No shadows or post effects are currently available.

ye i know i read that post i just wanna know HOW i would convert parts to text or is there any function/module?

Either find someones script that does it or make your own.

Making your own would take a very long time even if you do it the quick way like i did. Also @Abcreator just put up a link on how it works

as you said before to only load up parts that can be seen by the camera to reduce lag while loading up a pic how would i know when taking a pic if the part is in the camera?

You could create a part in front of the camera and get all the parts within it, or use region3. Then those parts would be what you use

oh cool nice idea ill try it soon thx for help anyways ill wait for more ideas!

How u would do it is, u would create a viewport frame, detect when the player clicks the screenshot button, use for _, part in pairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do to loop thru all workspace parts then clone each of them and put them inside the camera, u would also have to save each part position, and set them back on the cloned dummy.

No… This script will kill the game and exceed datastore limits.

true,as my game has a giant map lol

I finish work in about an hour so with travel time ill be a bit longer, but ill try to upload my scripts to make life a bit easier

Nah it doesn’t i tried it before

However, it will exceed datastore limits and take extreme lengths to finish.

saving them into datastores is a whole other thing, u can use tables, and save each part position into small tables,

i just realised that my game uses roblox terrain and roblox terrain isnt supported for viewports :eyes:

However each datastore key is limited to 4,000,000 characters. Data Stores | Roblox Creator Documentation.

Not really, a 700 part model with me saving every inch of data only took up well under 7k characters.

Meaning saving 100 parts takes under 1k characters which for basically any map will be fine