Account Terminated, false DMCA

A few hours ago, my 8-year-old account, ‘Monotter,’ was unexpectedly terminated (again). Despite this, I am still able to post on the DevForum and feel compelled to share my experience with others.

If you are a Roblox Moderator, here is my support ticket number: 95930060

Recently, the development group I was part of, ‘Toplantı Studios,’ was shut down, leading us to transition to the ‘Luwi Studios’ group. During this change, our game was taken down due to a false DMCA claim filed through Roblox’s new Rights Manager feature. Shockingly, while our game was inactive, several individuals exploited the situation by creating unauthorized copies:

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-20 01.34.34

These individuals are abusing Roblox’s Rights Manager to unfairly target original games, resulting in unwarranted bans and takedowns. What’s worse, we are receiving DMCA claims from two different individuals for the same game file. It appears that one party is filing fake claims against the other to effectively shut down their competition, leading to both games being taken down:

You can see below how easy it is to make false DMCA claims:

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-20 01.11.28

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-20 01.15.12

To file a counter-notice, I am required to disclose personal information such as my address, email, phone number, and real name to those who falsely filed the DMCA, potentially exposing my privacy:

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-20 03.35.00

Similar posts about same issue:

I have already expressed my concerns regarding the new Rights Manager in response to its announcement:

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give a :heart: to both posts.

56 Likes

Dunno what you expect us to be able to do about it.

Contact Roblox Support, or cut your losses and move on.

edit: Wasn’t intending to be rude, but this sort of post is common. It’s always the same sort of situation, with what is usually the same outcome.

10 Likes

I posted this forum to inform readers and to hope that an admin will see it and take prompt action.

13 Likes

You can just go to Roblox Support and appeal your account there (Moderation > I was wrongly moderated for other content I created )

4 Likes

Are you a minor? If so, you can let your legal guardian correspond with Roblox using their full legal name instead of yours.

In addition, having your full legal name known to strangers who are also likely underage and even more likely to be living in a different country. You won’t receive a level of harassment you can’t deal with. They’re underage retards, not at all intimidating.

4 Likes

I’m of legal age, but if I’m not mistaken, Roblox has a strict privacy policy. The issue with leaking information primarily concerns my address, email, and phone number. As a Turkish citizen, all Turkish ID data can be found online. Anyone could easily access your and your family’s ID, address, and other personal data from your phone number or address.

9 Likes

Have you provided Roblox with documents that have your full legal name on it? (ID for the Voice chat feature, Devex…)

3 Likes

I don’t think theres a fix for this, considering roblox is incredibly, lets say, not talented in regards to their reporting systems, and I mean ALL of them.

3 Likes

[UPDATE]: I received a response from Roblox Support. They informed me that in order to assist me further, I need to fill out a counter-notice form. I have just completed and submitted it.

From now on, if the other party falsely claims that they will file a lawsuit, they will be able to obtain my information and potentially use it to threaten me. What’s even worse, according to rumors, the other party can prolong this situation as much as they want, regardless of whether I am in the right or not. I hope Roblox does not allow such moderation processes to be manipulated by these kinds of individuals.

6 Likes

yeah this sounds like absolute horror.

a group of people that abuse dmcas surely won’t abuse your personal info!

welcome to roblox.

4 Likes

Please be more respectful to OP, his account has been terminated twice unfairly.

4 Likes

Totally agreed.

That wasn’t nice of him.

3 Likes

Yes, I did and I mentioned it below

3 Likes

[UPDATE]:

Issue with Electronic Signature Rejection on Roblox

I encountered an issue where Roblox requested my electronic signature three times, and each time it was rejected. Here are the details of my attempts:

1. First Attempt: I provided my full name.
  2. Second Attempt: I drew my physical signature.
  3. Third Attempt: I provided my full name again as an electronic signature.

Despite these efforts, my signatures were not accepted. Below are the screenshots showing the rejection messages:

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 02.21.16
Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 02.23.37
Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 02.23.09
Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 02.24.24
Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 02.24.43

Can someone inform me what mistakes I might have made and what steps I should take next to resolve this issue?

Your signature needs to be included in the counter-notice. It also can’t be typed. You can search for a text → signature converter and use a free option there. It’ll allow you to create a signature as an image and add it to your document.

2 Likes

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 22.28.04
I guess, they doing the thing that I imagine…

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 22.36.42

Ekran Resmi 2024-07-22 22.59.04

Sad to hear you’re also affected by this DMCA abuse, these stories have definitely increased after the release of the Rights Manager.

For the counter-notice, you could’ve assigned someone else to represent you and use a PO box, but I suppose the damage has already been done.

Roblox stands powerless in this, it’s the copyright law that’s severely flawed. The only thing Roblox can do is stricter evaluation of takedown requests, but they take responsibility themselves for every takedown they reject.

Chances are close to zero that something will actually happen with the personal info, they’re just a bunch of internet trolls, but it’s good to be cautious. Don’t hesitate to step to the authorities when you believe identity fraud is going on!

3 Likes

They are now sending fake support messages to Roblox with my email as they learn it from counter-notice.