Introducing Rights Manager

Should be working, just submitted a removal request and didn’t come across any issues. Thanks for solving this!

don’t know why the rights manager feature suddenly won’t comply with my removal requests with clear proof provided? was literally working when open marketplace was launched, now the system claims im not the rights holder of my own created UGC accessories that i was even able to link in the request in the first place???

That’s why my game got taken down lol…

Hi. I’ve been trying to report a case of infringement, although I keep getting this same mesage.

“We are unable to process your request because it does not appear that you are the rights holder of the original creation mentioned in your report. Only the rights holder or their authorized representative may submit a removal request. Please let us know if there is any additional information that we should consider in the processing of this request.”

How are they determining this? I’ve had my work stolen from me and this is what I get? It’s baffling that creators can steal your work then get away with it 90% of the time.

What could I do to prove Roblox otherwise? I’ve already provided proof that I created it, dates and etc.

@nsgriff

I have been waiting over a week for a response on an experience that is a blantant stolen copy of mine.

It has just been pending the entire time.

I thought this was supposed to be expedited? Is it allowed to take this long to review?

1 Like

alright, this is getting ridiculous. so anyone can now get away with any removal requests if they make a few changes to the model despite me having provided clear-cut proof of the reported accessory being stolen and modified? i’ve sent numerous claims of an accessory of mine being stolen and i’m being met with the rejection notice stating “We reviewed your request and determined that the creation you requested us to remove significantly differs from your creation.” if my buyers are able to recognize a stolen accessory of mine, how are the staff operating the rights manager unable to tell what’s clearly stolen WITH coherent evidence provided? did you guys replace the rights manager with bots or something?

atp just file a dmca request via email :sob:

@nsgriff Can takedown requests take down the link of the infringing content, or disable users from downloading copies from it? I’m currently having issues with it, as an exploiter stole one of my maps and decided to uncopylock it. Anyone with the link to that stolen map can still download it, since it is uncopylocked.

In one of my takedown requests, I requested the game to be inaccessible; although approved, it can still be accessed by the link and downloaded.

I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the recent introduction of the Rights Manager feature on Roblox. This feature has unfortunately been exploited by individuals to falsely claim copyright on original games and user-generated content (UGC). As a result, legitimate creators like myself have had our games unjustly taken down under false DMCA claims, while those who have copied our work using exploits continue to operate freely and even steal our player base.

The current system seems to lack sufficient safeguards. It allows recently created, copied games to easily take down original creations that have been on the platform for years. This undermines the efforts of creators who strive to offer unique and original experiences on Roblox.

It is disheartening that Roblox does not appear to thoroughly investigate these situations or provide adequate support to creators who appeal these false claims. By forcing us to provide our personal information (such as email, address, phone number, and real name) to those who abuse the system, Roblox inadvertently exposes us to further harassment and abuse from these bad actors and their communities.

Roblox should be a safe environment for all creators, but the current implementation of the Rights Manager jeopardizes our security and undermines our hard work and creativity. I urge the Roblox team to take immediate action to address these concerns:

1. Implement a more rigorous review process before taking down games based on DMCA claims.
  2. Provide better support and transparency to creators who appeal these claims, without exposing their personal information to potential abusers.
  3. Consider reviewing previous versions of games and comparing them to ensure that legitimate creators are not unfairly targeted.

Creators like myself invest significant time and effort into making Roblox a vibrant and creative platform. It is crucial that Roblox takes proactive steps to protect our rights and ensure that the platform remains fair and supportive of original content creators.

I’ve posted more details about my issue:

1 Like

Copyright manager be like rn:

Roblox you have to admit this is true

3 Likes

A game of mine has been blatantly stolen and copied. I have filed a request, what should I expect? How long is it going to take for my request to be reviewed?

My game: The Hardest Obby Ever - Roblox

The copy: Adu's Difficulty Chart Obby - Roblox

Approved. Wow, that was fast. Nothing more satisfying than seeing the scumbag who stole your game get brought to justice. Thank you Roblox for introducing this much-needed feature!

Wait, your request actually worked?!

Dang, you’re so lucky.

One in One Million.

1 Like

How is overall ownership perceived here? I don’t see a option on Rights Manager to add my assets.

1 - Does it take into account assets in my inventory?
2 - Do I only submit removal when I see my assets used / stolen? if so what’s stopping someone else for falsely reporting me i.e if we have freelancers
3 - How do I upload and declare my content without submitting a removal?

@nsgriff

As a Creator, the Rights Manager is completely broken. I have now submitted two completely valid requests against experiences that have reverse engineered and copied my entire experience, and even kept the same name. I’ve provided screenshots of the original and the stolen content. I don’t know what else to provide, it is cut and dry.

Both times, I have received a vague, unhelpful rejection reason. “We are unable to identify the creation that allegedly infringes your rights.”

This is completely unacceptable and not how Roblox should handle requests for infringement on intellectual property.

I’m going to attempt to email the copyright agent the old fashioned way. Hopefully that method is still around.

I’m curious how you formatted your request to get it accepted. See my reply above. Roblox has been denying mine for the vague reason “We are unable to identify the creation that allegedly infringes your rights” and I feel like I’ve provided all the information I can.

Wow. I’m getting the exact same thing when reporting a reverse engineered/stolen experience. Would you mind showing me how you detailed your approved request?

The old way still works, I recently reported the theft of one of my UGC accessories and I did it by sending an email to the copyright agent and it worked, the copy was deleted the same day.

1 Like

Yeah, sending a manual email to the copyright inbox seems to result in acceptance way more than Rights Manager does. I’m assuming it’s because those that respond to the emails are more trained (and more human) than whatever/whoever reviews the Rights Manager requests.

I asked the Rights Manager PM (product manager) for comment on this but am yet to receive a response.

I’m thinking it’s luck-based (You need to be very lucky, and somehow I was the first time). Can’t say the same for the next few times. I had someone blatantly steal my game icon/thumbnail, and after requesting it be taken down 6 different times, it didn’t work at all.

As for phrasing, I really don’t think it makes a difference. The first time round (my successful takedown request) all I said was, “This game is a blatant copy. I would like it removed. The entire game is a direct copy of mine.” and it did the trick. I submitted zero photo evidence with it.

The last few times that failed, I tried phrasing it in all kinds of ways. I provided as much clear image evidence with clear annotations and labels, yet none were to any avail. This brought me to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter how you phrase it. It doesn’t matter how much proof you have. I don’t think humans are involved in the reviewing of each request, because there’s surely no way they could be as dense as they were the last few times I requested takedowns. It’s painful, especially when your reject reason makes absolutely no sense at all, and isn’t even relevant to your case.

I’ve also heard of cases where the copycat requests a takedown of the original creator’s work, and the copycat ends up winning. End of the day, it’s luck, and I think it also depends on how much the copycat altered your stolen work.

Really frustrating. Roblox has the right idea here with a potentially good feature to help creators, but of course their execution of it is abysmal, as per the usual.

I was better off reaching out to the copycat via direct message.