Align Tool Preview Release

yes vmena now show me what u have accomplished with this new tool

1 Like

I’m excited for release! Most developers know that it is troubling to try to align things when using the F3X Building plugin and you are moving objects by less than a stud. This will make it easy and make things look a lot nicer!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this! It will be so useful!

2 Likes

This has got to be 1 of the best updates ever, I can finally build without looking at the 0.0000027 stud difference on the buildings.

2 Likes

This Is Great And Will Make My And Many Other Builders Lives Easier :grinning:

2 Likes

We identified the cause of the bug, and have a fix going out next week. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

4 Likes

Unfortunately we discovered a significant new issue with the Align Tool late during testing this week, so we’ve had to disable it for the time being. It will be available again in next week’s (September 30th) release.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes you.

10 Likes

In the future could there be some sort of notification on studio which tells us about this sort of thing? Just spent 20 minutes trying to find the align tool.

Thanks.

6 Likes

That’s the nature of beta features unfortunately, we try to present them with a high level of quality but they will sometimes have more significant issues than released features.

If this breakage were for a released feature we would have created an emergency release of studio to fix the problem, but since the feature is still in beta with only a small amount of users using it so far we can’t justify doing one for it.

6 Likes

That is a very valid request, and we will take that into consideration as we look to improve our beta process in the future. Thank you for the feedback!

7 Likes

I got so used to the tool, I can’t work without it anymore. :smile:

4 Likes

Sorry again about that–you will have it back shortly! How’s it working for you? Any feedback for issues or improvements?

2 Likes

Howdy folks! The issue has been resolved and the Align Tool will be re-enabled today. A Studio restart will be required. I’ll confirm once it is back!

6 Likes

I’m disappointed to see this plugin ripped out from under us so suddenly. I understand that there were problems that needed the tool to be disabled for the time being after having read the previous replies, but the rollout of this could have been more transparent and informative to developers.

I didn’t even know it was a beta feature or a preview release, I just opened up studio one day, saw the plugin, thought it was nice, and started using it. It was so convenient that I quickly became accustom to using it and expected it to be there. There was no indication that this was a beta feature or that it had the potential to go away at any time.

Based on that statement, I assume everyone had access to this tool, and based on the number of views of this announcement (5.1k), I’m willing to bet that more people used the plugin than saw this announcement in order to know it was a preview release. To the end user, it looked like a new tool added to studio, fully shipped and ready to use.

3 Likes

I hear you, and I agree this was unfortunate. We’re working on some things behind the scenes to avoid situations like this.

5 Likes

The Align Tool has been re-enabled, and today we re-enabled the “active object” selection mode. A Studio restart is required. Please reach out if you encounter any issues.

It’s awesome so many of you are getting use out of the Align tool. In hindsight the preview status of the tool (which as @TheFurryFish points out was not obvious) shouldn’t make us less considerate about removing it on such short notice. This was clearly disruptive, and as @JoshSedai said, it’s something we’re working to avoid in the future!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Update in the 464 Roblox Studio release:

• Most importantly, when the Align Tool Beta is enabled, the Align Tool will now show up in the Model tab next to the other core building tools. The ribbon bar collapsing code has been slightly modified to give a better experience when using a narrow studio window to compensate for the additional space taken up in the Model tab.

• You can now resize the Align Tool panel down to a much smaller size and have it still be usable, thanks to responsive UI and scrolling.

• The other features that were previously under the beta have been migrated into the stable version of the plugin that everyone sees.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.