Animation Editor has moved out of Beta again

Thank you for saying this, the rotating 45 degree limit was actually the problem i had!

ho ho ho

All i did was replace the 45 with a 1, and now it’s back as it was before!

1 Like

I certainly dont like it in its current state, I much prefer Moon Animation Suite

Having issues copying animation id to import it in the animator.

1 Like

I always enjoy updates to the Animation Editor since I use it most frequently.

However, the new editor will not let me animate my previously made custom models, giving me an error message saying that I cannot animate a model if there are multiple parts with the same name.

I actually often give parts the same name on purpose so they animate together at the same time (Like toes or eyes), but now, since all of my old models have some parts with the same name, it will not let me animate them at all anymore, and changing the names of the parts will break the animations that I have already made in the past.

Would it be possible to allow a model to be animated, even if there are parts with the same name? The previous version of the editor allowed it and it worked great. But now I am not allowed to add more animations to my models that I have animated in the past.

4 Likes

While using the animation editor whenever I move/rotate a part it doesn’t do anything and deletes the Motor6D object in that body part. Any advice what is happening?

Erm, I found a new problem.

You cant anchor poses or do anything while the Animation Editor is open. The auto-pausing feature on the plugin is sorta annoying to people who make GFX or copy and paste animations.

More detail here:

1 Like

Would selecting both joints using CTRL + Click and then just manipulating them to get the same transformations on all selected parts at the same time solve your problem here?

1 Like

Any concise repro steps or a video would allow me to help you better!

How do you copy keyframes between 2 different animations with the new editor?

Why does it keep reverting the time changes I keep putting into it and why doesn’t it have the grey box that shows the world space/local space and the amount of increments being changed?
Also, is there a way to return the CFrame of angles of how the arms or other body parts are changed from the Dummy? I’d like to just apply them to a character by cframing the C0 of their shoulders or hips, etc.

Not sure which time changes you are referring to, but if it’s the box to change the timeline length:

As for world/local space toggle and snap increments:

If you expand the joint in the track list, it reveals the values of its Transform property on its associated motor. That is the only CFrame information that is exposed

2 Likes

This used to not work or work sparingly in the previous version of the animator.

I understand why the animator would prefer you to have differently named parts, but for the people who like work that way, it would be better if the new version let you do it anyways instead of not allowing me to animate my old models at all.

2 Likes

Hey, whenever I try to rotate or move something, the whole editor gets really glitchy and makes doing anything impossible. Is this a bug?

frameglitch

i was testing out the editor and i noticed that the frames are unreadable when an animation is playing

1 Like

Possibly. If you could PM me the rig you are using there I can investigate it further

Likely that something just wasn’t rounded properly. Should be a quick fix thanks for pointing it out.

This is nice!

I especially like now that I can go to the load tab and not have to stretch the editor to height of the screen just to see all of my animations.

Whenever i try to changed the timeline length, whether it’s with timeline untit seconds or frames, it always goes back to a set number.

For example:
I import an animation into a rig, just a normal R6 rig/
The timeline length automatically goes to 60. (or 1:00)
Whenever i try to change it it just springs back to 60.
What’s weird about this is that i can increase the max frames, but not decrease it.

See gif below for seeing it in action.
I’ve already tried restarting studio and such, nothing works.
https://gyazo.com/898f6c71b395927abced00e4b30a3049

You can’t extend it past the last keyframe, from my understanding.

Will support for more Animation EasingStyles ever be considered? The current set of EasingStyles is quite limited, and other third-party animation plugins already support a much larger set.

1 Like