Anti-Exploit Framework | UnknownParabellum

Anti-Exploit Framework

By UnknownParabellum

Introduction:

Anti-Exploits are very important when polishing your name. However, a big misconception about anti-exploit scripts is that they prevent all exploits. Scripts that claim they defend against exploits really mean that they protect against a specific set of common exploits. This framework just protects against a few common physics-based exploits. However if you do not secure your remote events, this framework would be pointless. The easiest way to prevent most exploiting is by securing your remote events. A very good video that talks about this video.

Anyways I digress, this framework was made to heavily discourage exploiters from using basic physics-based exploits, such as noclip, speed and fly. By default, this framework already protects against the exploits mentioned above ^. This framework makes it easy to add new features, more information about it will be provided. All it takes is a few lines of code to link it up to a different script, perhaps an admin script to warn your moderators about a potential exploiter.

This framework was meant to be a good launching off point so I encourage you to improve the framework and to add more!

Framework Basic API and Download

Note this does not include all properties and functions. Just the more important ones.
Showcase Video

Download and Installation:
Installation Details are also contained inside the Anti-Exploit

1. Create a new Script

2. Move the Script to ServerScriptStorage

3. Copy and paste this into the script:

local AntiExploit = require(script.AntiExploitModule)

AntiExploit:Start()
  1. Place the AntiExploitModule under that script.
  2. And after that you are set!

Download:
AntiExploit.rbxm (37.4 KB)

AntiExploitModule:
This module manages all players/PlayerClasses.
Properties:

table AntiExploit.PlayersMonitoring

This table should contain all PlayerClass’ that the module is monitoring.

table AntiExploit.FlaggedPlayers

By default, this table contains all players that have more than 5 flags

table AntiExploit._maid

Uses Quenty’s maid class to handle connections and objects.

table AntiExploit.Config

Holds configuration options.

bool AntiExploit.Started

States if the AntiExploit has started already

Functions:

function AntiExploit:Start()

This function starts the AntiExploit.
There are 2 key things that happen in this function:

• 1: It connects to the Players.CharacterAdded event and the Players.CharacterRemoving event to add or remove PlayerClass’ objects. These objects are placed into AntiExploit.PlayersMonitoring
  • 2: It starts a while loop that loops through all players that it is monitoring [AntiExploit.PlayersMonitoring] and calls the PlayerClass:Update() function. It also adds players with more than 5 flags into the AntiExploit.FlaggedPlayers.

function AntiExploit:Stop()

This function starts the AntiExploit.
There are 2 key things that happen in this function:

• 1: Destroys all player tables
  • 2:Disconnects all Anti-Exploit connections

function AntiExploit:AddPlayer(Player)

This function creates a player object and adds it to PlayersMonitoring.

function AntiExploit:RemovePlayer(Player)

This function destroys the related player object and removes it from the PlayersMonitoring table as well as FlaggedPlayers table.

PlayerClass
This Class manages player stats, checking for exploits and punishing players for said exploits.
Properties:

table PlayerClass.Exploits

Contains all exploits that are to be checked and punished for.

bool PlayerClass.CanUpdate

This value determines if the PlayerClass can run PlayerClass:Update() and PlayerClass:UpdateStats()

table PlayerClass.Info

Contains basic info about the Player (like the player’s RootPart, their name and the player’s head) and holds information about previous anti-exploit checks (by default it holds information about the player’s last position, last update time and more)

table PlayerClass.Flags

This table contains all the flags the player has received since they joined

Please note that there are a few more properties however they are much less important

Functions:

function PlayerClass:ResetStats()

Sets all values in

function PlayerClass:AddFlag()

Adds a flag to PlayerClass.Flags

function PlayerClass:Destroy()

Sets all values contained in the Object to nil and disconnects all connections.

number function PlayerClass:RemoveFlag(FlagId)

Removes the flag in PlayerClass.Flags that has the same GUID.

function PlayerClass:UpdateStats()

Updates the PlayerClass information

instance function PlayerClass.new(Player)

Creates a new PlayerClass object. “Player” parameter must be a player instance.

FlagClass

This class simply creates a new table with when the flag was made and the reason

Properties:

string FlagClass.Id

This is the GUID of the flag. This distinguishes the Flag from other flags. By default you can index a flag from PlayerClass.Flags by the flag’s Id. Example: PlayerClass.Flags[-id-]

number FlagClass.TimeOfFlag 

This is the time the flag was made. Time is in tick() format

string FlagClass.Reason

This is the reason the flag was made. By default, it’s the return message of whatever exploit the module detected.

Functions:

FlagClass.new()

Utils

A Utils module was recently added to easily access common modules like Promise or Maid.
All modules under Utils are lazy-loaded and can be easily indexed by requiring the Utils module then indexing the utility you want to use by name.

More information about each util can be found in their respective modules.

Adding New Checks and Punishments for Specific Exploits

To add a new exploit to check and punish for:

• 1: Create a new module and parent to AntiExploit.PlayerClass.ExploitChecks
    Ex:
--This is a new module.
ExploitName = {}
--I recommend renaming the module to the exploit that you are checking for
--For better organization
return ExploitName 
  • 2: Add 2 methods to your new module. One named Check and another named Punish.
    Punish and check should have the player class as a parameter. Check() must return 2 values,
    Passed and ReturnMessage

Ex:

ExploitName = {}

function ExploitName:Check(playerObj)
    local passed = true
    local returnMessage = ""
    return passed,returnMessage
end

function ExploitName:Punish(playerObj)

end
  • 3: Add the appropriate code to check if the player is trying to exploit using that method.
    Make sure Passed is set to false if your code thinks the player is exploiting and an appropriate ReturnMessage like “[playername] was trying to exploit via [new method]”

And after that you are all set!

Thank you!

Thank you for considering to use my Anti-Exploit Framework. It is very appreciated!

194 Likes

I’m curious, how would this perform on a large amounts of players? what is the average script usage for every player being “watched” by the anti exploit.

12 Likes

That’s a very good question! The framework it’s self should be pretty light-weight, so it all depends on how many and how expensive your checks are!

With the default checks here are the results with 8 players:

High movement
Peaked at around 2%

Less Movement
Peaked at less than 1%

5 Likes

Are you using raycasting to check for fly exploits, or are you referring to a constant y value?

4 Likes

Hello! By default, it uses rays to check if the player is on the ground or not.

8 Likes

Cool, but what happens if there is an extremely long fall in the game? Would it automatically respawn the player before it hit the ground or …?

6 Likes

By default it only respawns the player if they are in the air for more than 10 seconds. It can easily be altered though so if you feel that 10 seconds is too short then you can change it!

7 Likes

What if I use admjns it would kick me??
Or is there an exception value

4 Likes

Yes! You can configure the framework to check if a player is an admin and prevent the script from adding them to the PlayersMonitoring.

6 Likes

Right now I am really busy is it possible to skip the tutorial and get it from the asset library sorry to be cheeky :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t plan on adding it to the marketplace however the Download is directly under the Introduction section of this post so you can get it there.

7 Likes

Hello.

I am sorry if I am bothering you, sorry! :frowning:

If you could link me the module, I’ll be pleased. :slight_smile:
Thank you!

David.

2 Likes

Yes, download is in the middle of the page directly under Framework API and Download!

5 Likes

Alright, thank you, but… It downloads as notepad. lol

Here’s what appears in the script:

3 Likes

It works alright for me, it should be a .rbxm file. Well if you are still having problems here’s a completely written version of the scripts in Pastbin.

The structure should be

AntiExploitModule
    PlayerClass
    FlagClass
6 Likes

Yes! now I see the source, not a completely mess as I viewed in the notepad lol!
Thank you!

3 Likes

Ah, you must have tried opening the .rbmx file with notepad! You have to drag and drop the file into Roblox Studio for it to work as intended!

4 Likes

Oh okay, I did not know. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Btw I added it to my game, Escape the Maze.

3 Likes

Hello! I’m a bit confused, I tried out the script, but it didn’t work. Is there a specific place I should be placing the script? If so, where?
Thanks!

3 Likes

This seems like a nice working anti-exploit, good job! If somebody uses admin commands in the game and they were administrator for the game and they did :speed me 123 would they be kicked? I’m interested in using this anti-virus for some of my games.

3 Likes