Astra | Convert Ui designs to a variety of classes

Astra.

Easily convert Ui designs to a variety of classes

About

Have you ever had the problem where you started working on a textLabel and had an amazing design to start with and then realize it should’ve been a TextButton and not a label which made you go back and create a textbutton from scratch?

Astra solves this problem by letting you convert an object from a class and copies all the properties of the object!

:warning: Keep note that this is mainly interface oriented. It would convert but may not copy the properties for base parts/non interface elements.

How do I convert?
Follow these three simple steps-

• Select the element you want to convert
  • Enter the name of the class you want to convert the element to in the bottom left box (case sensitive).
  • Click convert and you’re done!

Merge

This was originally a side project I decided to include in this plugin. You can rapidly select Uis and parent them to a folder/frame/any other element.

Here is a video of both of them-

Get the plugin on roblox now!
Link: Astra

Please give me some feedback on how I can improve this plugin. I can’t improve it if you don’t tell me how. Thank you for reading & hope you found it helpful :smiley:

4 Likes

One thing that would be cool to see is an option for the plugin to also remove the old UI element when converting. This looks pretty awesome otherwise :+1:

This looks interesting, will definitely play around with this when I have the chance to

Also uh, sorry to be that guy but you made a typo in the title

Will do that in my coming update. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thank you for pointing it out. I fixed it :smiley:

1 Like

Yknow reclass exists

3 Likes

Sorry but ReClass is just better. It can do everything this plugin can do and more (literally any class to any class). I don’t see a reason to install this over reclass.

2 Likes

because it has a cooler name obviously

3 Likes

I’ll list some features Reclass has that Astra doesn’t:

• Smart recommender system
  • Live-search system
  • API-based (based on Astra’s source code it does not do this) meaning Roblox’s newest features are immediately available
  • Accounts for all properties (based on Astra’s source code it only accounts for a select some)

@0Enum Can you please list any features that Astra has that Reclass doesn’t / reasons for why I should use this over Reclass? As @MIfoodie correctly said there is no reason to use this plugin currently because another free alternative one exists and has more features.

2 Likes

I didn’t know such a plugin existed. I’ll try to improve and try to make this plugin better. Probably you could suggest some new ideas for me to implement? Thank you for informing me.

I don’t think there are many other features that this plugin could have theater ReClass doesn’t have. If you wanted to make this plugin more useful, I think you could make a pretty good UI tools plugin (like easy/automatic radial or progress bars).

1 Like

Reclass:

• obvious name
  • not mysterious

Astra:

• interesting name
  • mysterious
  • sounds dope

i think i know who im going with thanks

1 Like

Astra is literally such a common and uninteresting name (No offense to the developer, still a pretty cool name) and clearly doesn’t even relate at all to the plugin itself (Not a problem, but still worth mentioning in this case) while Reclass is straight to the point, and probably never even used before.

If you judge the functionality of open sourced tools based on their names and if their names sound “mysterious” or “super obvious”, then no offense but you’re going to have an extremely hard time trying to develop a game unless you can do everything manually without the use of plugins.

reclass sounds like im going back to night school to get my GED, astra sounds like im about to embark on an interdimensional adventure
personally i find this plugin to be more accurate to the astra name

but this plugin isn’t about an interdimensional adventure though :skull:

its not about getting your GED either

I know it’s not, it’s about converting roblox object classes.

if you’re not going to use your brain to answer for once and come up with an actual point, just stop responding

I’ve never taken a class on Roblox objects cause I graduated before Roblox really blew up but I think it’s great Roblox is expanding into the education field. That being said, this plugin is clearly not about education

Who cares if ReClass is better? The man work his butt off this project. Just a little appreciation? Please?

Great, do not give up, but it is very similar to:
Convert GUI - Beta 1.6 - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

Reclass - free, intelligent class conversion - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

UltraWorks Class Converter [Pro tools] – Roblox