Removing the /channel/ does not help.

Workaround

Use your normal channel URL

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

19 Likes

looks like roblox forgor to update their channel URL system, possibly unaware that youtube updated handles…

2 Likes

It’s just a workaround, but I discovered that you can link to a PlayList instead of a YT channel and it will be accepted. Here’s the thread I started about it.

There is no documentation for what is considered a valid YT link.

1 Like

Seems like it is because of the “@” in the URL. I tested setting my YouTube channel and it works fine and even when I just wrote random letters but when I add a “@” into the URL it causes it to be invalid. Although I think this should still be classified as a bug, I don’t really understand why your adding the “@” in it anyways? Legit I think you can just do somthing like the below and it works fine:

3 Likes

That doesn’t work for every channel unfortunately. One of my alternative channels has a hyphen in the name and YouTube redirects to a different channel with a similar name when using those formats

3 Likes

This is for every instance of social links, in-fact, the entire social link system has to be revisted as it has a very strict string matching system, for example group links can’t have www in them or a group name and you can’t use any YouTube links except those formatted the same as the legacy channel link way as you mention.

1 Like

Just want to make you aware that having a slash at the end of your url will have it error anyway, does the same for most other social links.

1 Like

I think most services don’t seem to handle @'s in URLs properly, only sites that really use them rn is Mastodon and YouTube, not a Roblox exclusive problem, but I hope this gets fixed soon.

Doesn’t really affect me that much, as I haven’t bothered changing from the legacy /c/ URLs.

Also, you don’t need ‘/channel’ in the URL, for example youtube.com/@ExperiencersInternational will work fine.
2 Likes

I know, I noticed this right after I had gotten my screenshot, that errors too.

1 Like

There’s no real point of using a playlist, just get your channel ID, besides the post you linked was for adding a video, where a playlist would be more effective with, not very effective with just a channel.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

5 Likes

This also happens with Social Links on an experience.

Hoping this can be fixed soon as I am trying to add a YouTube channel to an experience.

4 Likes

Nothing has been adressed yet , that annoying

4 Likes

It is going to be almost a year we need this fix asap

4 Likes

Roblox, why did you not fix it after like 6 months???

3 Likes

This is STILL an issue, experimenting around with the link, it’s specifically the “@” that is causing the link to be invalid.

4 Likes

I cannot get any variation of a YouTube link to work. This is frustrating that this has gone unresolved for so long.

I cannot use the link with the channel ID. I cannot use a link to a playlist. I can’t even add YouTube.com/user/roblox as my YouTube social link. Nothing works anymore.

you need to put in this format ( or at least it worked for me )

https://youtube.com/c/{user}

in my case: https://youtube.com/c/im_Magni

This does not work for smaller / newer channels as they are not elegible for a url such as this one.

1 Like

This is outside the scope of this particular bug report which specifically refers to YouTube handles, perhaps consider supporting this topic: No longer permitted to save YouTube social links

1 Like