Developer Community 2020 Wrap-Up

Whew, it has been a crazy year! I have only been scripting in Lua for 8 months now, and I hope to improve as much as I can in 2021! I really can’t express how much Roblox means to me. Roblox keeps evolving with frequent updates, continuing to give us all the tools we need to be successful. Roblox Team, thank you so much for all you do, and happy holidays!

2 Likes

A lot has happened in 2020!
Can’t wait to put these all to good use.
Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

Woohoo! The year and flown by and the future is bright in 2021!

2 Likes

Wow, I cannot believe 2020 just ended like that quick, we went through things such as premium payouts and skinned meshparts, as what @coefficients have said.

Speaking of skinned meshparts, that gave way for the epic Lil Nas X concert that went like crazy. I love the updates that Roblox are keep pushing in to improve our Roblox gameplay experience.

I hope that by 2021 and the upcoming moments of time, Roblox would eventually become one of the most greatest platform of gaming and game development of all time

Let’s us pray for that mates!:pray:

See ya Roblox, can’t wait to come back at 2021.:beers: Oh and also, Merry Christmas!!:christmas_tree:

5 Likes

Hope for a better 2021.
Joke = 2020 is having a virus, we should tell god to uninstall it and reinstall it, giving us a 2020 the second time :happy3:

2 Likes

UiGradient , UiCorner and ProximityPrompt were literally the best things that was created.

3 Likes

2020 has an amazing year for Roblox. With so many new features, I’m looking forward to see what’s gonna be new in 2021.

2 Likes

Have a great rest of your winter holiday developers! Hope we can all see y’all around next year

2 Likes

2020 has been great and it seems like we’ve been on par with the roadmap.

These unified permissions are lacking. They are great as it provides a bit more features, however, anything from editing the game and forward are aren’t so great. There have been several posts on this issue already. Hopefully we’ll see change in 2021.

3 Likes

2020 on Roblox was a good year lots of new things added for Developers, including my favorite the new bubble chat! I look forward to whets in store next year!

2 Likes

2020 wasn’t a fun year IRL, but I’m glad to see that the future’s still bright!
Has anyone made a Crab Rave game, with free VIP servers, using Future lighting, Skinned MeshParts and SurfaceAppearance?

You could definitely make something comparable using Roblox Studio now. That’s amazing.

4 Likes

Roblox achieved a lot in 2020.
Thanks for the new features I believe that one day Roblox will surpass many games. :roblox:

3 Likes

I am up for it. Anyone else is?

2 Likes

Thank you Roblox Team for making a difficult year much better for all of us!

1 Like

Thank You so much roblox for all these wonderful updates, I love this game as a whole and the people that work on it.

2 Likes

Now this is epic update good job coef

1 Like

Hi Developers!
I would like to thank the Roblox staff for their year-round work in making this platform better, more beautiful, and more usable, as well as putting tools in the hands of the developers, which make the work of developers easier (ProximityPrompt). Thanks to the other game development partners for having such a good community! I wish everyone a good holiday, a pleasant holiday, Robloxians! :partying_face:

1 Like

Honestly, this was a pretty incredible year for Roblox in my eyes. COVID really forced the world to adapt and some companies did poorly while I think Roblox did exceptionally well. In the previous years I was very frustrated as a developer which led to me complaining a ton about every little thing I thought was wrong, but with how difficult this year has been and how well the company has weathered the storm I’m finding myself running out of things to complain about.

The graphics of Roblox went up big time, the quality-of-life in Roblox Studio went up big time, the community excitement due to UGC and events is through the roof. All that’s really missing is discoverability, community & social, but seeing all of Roblox’s recent key hires on LinkedIn I feel pretty confident that this too will be done well.

19 Likes

I can do the scripting and camera stuff if someone can do the modeling and PBR texturing

2 Likes

Cool, I’m a modeler and animator/rigger and also im getting a graphic tablet soon so we have a team

Imma make the place rn

1 Like