Developer Stats: Add Sales Mix

FTWDK: A sales mix is the proportion of products your business sells, can be in terms of volume and revenue.
Super simple Eg) Item1 accounts for 40% of our sales volume and 30% of our revenue. Item2 is 60% of our volume, 70% of our revenue.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too tedious to create a spreadsheet and gather my game’s sale mix.
Knowing your sales mix is important in my opinion, so you understand what your players like to buy in your game. You can decide if this is important, I think it is.

Currently how to do this is go into your “Sales” tab, scroll down to collect an adequate sample size (I’d say at least 50, but a few hundred wouldn’t hurt)

Then you have to do some excel / gspreadsheet sumif statements, and you can get something like this

(I made these numbers up so the currency ones don’t make sense / implies the dev product would be at a decimal price, please ignore)

This feature request is for Roblox to automatically keep track of this and put it in the developer stats.

14 Likes

With the new group redesign, I enjoy the time stamp feature, however, there are now pages and pages I would have to copy over to do a sales mix. Previously this was done by spamming click while holding down the space bar to quickly load more and more (infinite scroll design)

This feature would be well enjoyed now! With more and more developer made analytics, one may say this is obsolete. However, a problem I have with some developer made analytics on 3rd party data storage / sites, is none of them offer a recent sales mix AFAIK. If you are a developer of one of these analytical sites, you should definitely add the ability for the user to determine sales mix with relation to time.
Use cases, would be changing a gamepass price (during a sale for example) and determining how that affected the overall effect on other things being bought in the game.

For reference, I used to get 800+ transactions for a sample size. Now that would take 80 pages of copying for the same effect

5 Likes