Diving into Generative AI

if this actually works it’ll be really cool but i have my doubts. excited to see where this is going though

1 Like

tbh idk what people expected from roblox, theyre a kids game company not a data analyzing company lol. Considering ROBLOX’s moderation AI and how good that is at its job, I didn’t really expect this project to get anywhere. Above all else I just feel bad for the intern who promised all of these features.

1 Like

i mean it’s still a beta. maybe with more development time on it they’d be able to make something better

For this to be a practical tool it would have to function better than OpenAI’s GPT4, and I personally doubt the roblox corporation is capable of such a feat.

the material generation is cool, though they are more image creation focused than looping material/texture focused. Typing something like “Old Wooden Planks” gives me an image of old wooden planks instead of a looping texture.

:slight_smile: 10/10 good feature, exactly what I wanted.

As far as improvement for this goes I would love to see a wealth of post-processing tools to adjust things like hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, resolution (downscaling for saving memory), and rotation, as well as adjust the intensity of things like the normal, roughness, and metallic maps (these may just be the same tools as above, i.e. brightness and contrast). A tool to ask the AI to regenerate a piece of a texture (e.g. to remove an imperfection) would also be amazing. A lot of the output from this tool isn’t suitable without minor tweaks here and there. Could be cool to allow us to invert these maps as well. These would all just be general authoring tools with various niche use-cases.

E.g. wooden planks often need to be rotated, bricks and cobblestones are often too dark, and almost everything has color baked in unless you specify greyscale.

Some work to reduce the frequency of this generating images in a non-suitable perspective would also be extremely appreciated. Sometimes it generates oddly skewed wooden plank floors, and you can see one of the images above looks like a sponge lying on a sidewalk?

10 Likes

How do you ask the AI to do textures and models? How do you ask even to do stuff?

It would just repeat the comment over and over for me, except for one time when it actually tried to finish my code

From what I heard the AI doesn’t crete the Texture but finds it off of somewhere, meaning if the creator didn’t allow it to be open-sourced then it would happens something like what happened to @SillyMeTimbers

The Material Generator is so useful! Implement all the things @PeZsmistic suggested and this will be one of my favorite all time features!

1 Like

I agree so much

It looks amazing and is definitely the best thing to have come out of this

1 Like

This is awesome

10 Likes

Is the Code Generator and Material Generator part of the Generative AI experience? They are now in Studio as a beta feature.

I don’t know if this is a bug, But its appears that the AI doesn’t work within a scope. If i have for example 100 Lines, and i want to implement something, I have to put it outside every scope and it just doesn’t help out alot.

This doesn’t work:
6394858da3ec551c58073281fca5b313

This does:
29941412a976542292c437745c96e2a0

Just wondering, how did you get the script AI to work. I was under the impression it was a prompt based thing, but others said it would predict code as you wrote it. Even still, while writing up a simple kill brick, nothing related to the AI happened.

1 Like

Bro, that looks a lot like the Grinch’s face

1 Like

It actually is The Grinch’s face

1 Like

Just write a comment like u normally do, like
– print hello world

Then press enter. If something appears then press tab

2 Likes

if you need help, read this topic I created

The script generator AI does not work very well at all. 99% when entering a prompt, nothing happens. A prefix in the comment like “AI:” would be nice.

When it does work, it’s not bad at all. For the most part, the function does work.

2 Likes

I feel like this video is almost like a lie. Actually using this it doesn’t feel as exciting.

1 Like